Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

Doctor Who - The What, Where, and How: A Fannish Guide to the TARDIS-Sized Pop Culture Jam
The TARDIS'S ARCHIVE > Doctor Who & Pop Culture Guide free Nov 21-25

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valerie | 1 comments New this week:

Doctor Who: The What Where and How: A Fannish Guide to the TARDIS-Sized Pop Culture Jam

To celebrate the 50th anniversary release this week, the book will be FREE on Kindle Nov 21-25

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-The-...

There’s also a paperback giveaway at https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Doctor Who is a show about science fiction and fandom itself for the fans within us all: The Tenth Doctor loves Harry Potter, the Eleventh Doctor wears costumes. As the franchise riffs off Star Trek, Star Wars, and Hitchhiker's Guide, while debating the nature of fiction itself, it both celebrates the world's most popular works and takes its place among them.

Per fans’ request, this book contains no images of weeping angels. But there are plenty of Expanded Universe mentions.

message 2: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 600 comments Mod
Cool. I've downloaded it!

message 3: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I downloaded this and started to browse through it last night. I could not believe how much I learned just from some random pages I browsed. I didn't read a lot because I am busy watching the show. It's funny too how I re-watch certain episodes and find little things that were said or that I missed the first time I viewed them.

message 4: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 600 comments Mod
I do that all the time, especially the newer stuff. I think my hearing must be going because I often miss things others are crowing about days later! LOL =-D

message 5: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I thought it was my hearing too! It could be. But it seems David Tennant and Matt Smith speak very quickly and not being British, I think the accent confuses me. I don't have the problem with the Christ Eccleston Doctor, or Tom Baker. Another "British" accent that confuses me is Johnny Lee Miller in Elementary. I have everything on DVR so that I can rewind and I also have closed captioning. It helps. Both my vision and my hearing seem to be going *LOL*

Mark C | 43 comments I downloaded it the other and I like what I've read so far. It's very up to date too with a reference to the Night of the Doctor mini-episode.

I did notice one small error, though, and I hope the author doesn't mind me pointing it out as she might be able to change it on the ebook. But, early on there is a reference to Colin Baker appearing in the Time Crash mini episode with David Tennant. It was actually Peter Davison rather than Colin that appeared.