Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2013 Challenge Archive > December 2013 Monthly Challenge - Suggestion Thread

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Nov 20, 2013 08:14PM) (new)

~KarenH~ | 7127 comments 2013 December Monthly Challenge

This thread is for suggestions and questions for the various categories. The thread for the participants is located here.

1.'D' is for December: Read a book that starts with 'D' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'D'.

2. Member of the Month: Carolyn F.- Carolyn has been a member of the RRRC since February 2010. Here is the link to Carolyn F.'s shelves- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... . Please read a book from any of Carolyn's shelves or a book published in 2010 or a book published in the month of February of any year.

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from New Mexico.

Facts about New Mexico:
Nickname: Land of Enchantment
Has the second highest percentage and 4th highest total number of Native Americans of any state in the US.
Is well known for an extensive artistic community and large number of museums, art festivals, and performing arts venues and events.
So, you may also read a book in which someone is enchanted or casts spells, includes a Native American character, or has a character or plot somehow involving the arts.

4.Dec. 7 - Pearl Harbor Day: Read a book with a wartime setting or with a military or paramilitary character, OR a book with a pearl or pearls in the title, storyline, author or character's name, or on the cover.

5. Dec. 8 - International Children's Day: Read a book with a child in the storyline, or a children's or YA book.

6. Dec. 8 - Take it in the Ear Day: Read a book with an ear or part of an ear visible on the cover, or with the word 'ear' found anywhere in the title (Ex: heart, Earl, search, etc.), or listen to an audiobook.

7. Dec 19 - Look for an Evergreen Day: Read a book in which a significant part of the story involves the outdoors, has a tree on cover, or has a primarily green cover.

8. Dec 21/22 - Solstice (Longest/Shortest day of the year): Read a short book (under 200 pages) or a long book (over 500 pages)

9. Dec 25 - Christmas Day: Read a book in which a holiday is celebrated or that has a holiday theme/setting.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.

You can choose 3, 5, 8 or all 10 categories depending on your reading speed, book availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s.

Please repost your progress as it helps when updating.

Happy Reading!!

message 3: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3360 comments I'm in! I'm in!

message 4: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7127 comments Yay, Laurla! Just be sure to post your progress in the participants thread here - this thread is just for suggestions and questions. :-)

message 5: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments Would a singer in a band work for the arts in #3?

message 6: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7127 comments Lacy wrote: "Would a singer in a band work for the arts in #3?"

Definitely! :-)

message 7: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1865 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Lacy wrote: "Would a singer in a band work for the arts in #3?"

Definitely! :-)"

Thanks!

message 8: by Ethel (new)

Ethel | 739 comments I have a question:

Can I include this book The Savage King in the category 4?

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7127 comments Ethel wrote: "I have a question:

Can I include this book The Savage King in the category 4?"

I don't know anything about the book or series, but from I read in the synopsis and reviews it sounds like it probably works, so go ahead and use it! :D

message 10: by Ethel (new)

Ethel | 739 comments Yay, thanks! :D

message 11: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 877 comments Is this cover too yellow, or can I count it as green?
Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher

message 12: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7127 comments Logan wrote: "Is this cover too yellow, or can I count it as green?
Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher"

As far as I'm concerned, that would work for either yellow or green...go for it!

message 13: by Logan (new)

Logan (loganturner) | 877 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: As far as I'm concerned, that would work for either yellow or green...go for it!"

Great! Thank you!