David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Buddy Reads! > World After by Susan Ee

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments We're all reading it - World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee so we might as well talk about it, right?

Be sure and use spoiler tags - if you don't know how to do that, just ask.

Also, no time constraints here. Just reading and discussing at our leisure.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Yay! This one popped up in my Kindle app yesterday! I did want to reread Angelfall first but I'll be reading this one ASAP!

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I am going to read Angelfall first (haven't read it yet) and then I will read this one! Hoping to get to it this weekend!

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
20%! Despite feeling very sick still, I've been unable to put this down! Although it does seem a bit short considering it took almost two years to arrive lol! (view spoiler)

message 5: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 60 comments I'm yet to read the first one, I'm ashamed to say... But now I feel more and more like, well, getting to it, so that I can join you guys in reading book 2. ^^

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Ooh you'll love the first one, Yzabel! If you can get your hands on a copy, definitely give it a shot :)

message 7: by Maira (new)

Maira | 100 comments I started reading it yesterday and it is awesome so far.

message 8: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 403 comments I just finished Angelfall. I loved it! I just received World After so I hope to read it soon.

message 9: by Shana's (new)

Shana's Reading Shelf (turningpagesbookclub) I loved the first book, can't wait to see where this one goes :)

message 10: by Dre (new)

Dre (drewolf) | 266 comments I will start this book this weekend! I've waited so LONG for this one!

message 11: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Yay! So glad you're all reading with us!!

36% (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments David wrote: "Yay! So glad you're all reading with us!!

36%

Sorry you're not feeling well!

And yes - (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments About 75% in now -

(view spoiler) as I pulled into this fancy hotel where I'm staying tonight - thank you Priceline and I'm completely intimidated and underdressed! lol! Now . . . where are my earbuds and my iPod! (view spoiler)

message 14: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 60 comments David wrote: "Ooh you'll love the first one, Yzabel! If you can get your hands on a copy, definitely give it a shot :)"

Actually, I already have one (though I can't remember when nor where I got it--probably bought it on discount, or at a moment when it was free on Kindle, or something; otherwise I'd definitely remember). I just keep getting sidetracked by every other cover in my tablet. ^^;

message 15: by Maira (new)

Maira | 100 comments i finished the book and it was awesome. the ending was very different from what i expected.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments About 90% now.

(view spoiler)

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Jen wrote: "David wrote: "Yay! So glad you're all reading with us!!

36%

Sorry you're not feeling well!

And yes - [spoilers removed]"

Yes! (view spoiler)

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Jen wrote: "About 75% in now -

[spoilers removed] as I pulled into this fancy hotel where I'm staying tonight - thank you Priceline and I'm completely intimidated and underdressed! lol! Now . . . where are..."

HA! Hope you enjoyed your fancy shmancy hotel! I like my shorts and t-shirts so I'm always very underdressed whenever Adele finds us a deal somewhere lol.

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Yzabel wrote: "David wrote: "Ooh you'll love the first one, Yzabel! If you can get your hands on a copy, definitely give it a shot :)"

Actually, I already have one (though I can't remember when nor where I got i..."

Ooh awesome! Yeah, these books are great value, I really respect the author/publisher for selling them so cheap so more people get to read them :)

message 20: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Maira wrote: "i finished the book and it was awesome. the ending was very different from what i expected."

Cool, can't wait!

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments LOL I totally enjoyed the fancy schmancy hotel - and even better that the weather was in the 70's! A welcomed respite from the 50's where I live.

Finished yesterday - wow, that ending. (view spoiler)

I'm going with 4.5 stars.

Penryn: (view spoiler)

Paige: (view spoiler)

Their mom: (view spoiler)

Beliel: (view spoiler)

Uriel: (view spoiler)

Pookie Bear: (view spoiler)

All in all, I liked it a lot. I didn't love it, but that has a lot to do with the gruesome/horrific factor. I think she did a good job of portraying the baseness of the human character. So sad! She took a lot of liberties with the biblical ideas, which I both liked because it's fiction and didn't like because, well, it's fiction. But overall I thought the action was fabulous.

message 22: by Maira (new)

Maira | 100 comments David wrote: "Maira wrote: "i finished the book and it was awesome. the ending was very different from what i expected."

Cool, can't wait!"

you are totally going to love it. :P

Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald (demonsangel) | 74 comments If anyone has Angelfall on kindle you should run over to Audible and get the audio book for $1.99. The audio book is great, so much better than the book.

Starting this one now!

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Ha! Great summary Jen! Yeah, pretty decent (and surprising) ending that definitely added as many questions as answers! Praying Ee doesn't make us wait another two years!

I agree with pretty much everything you said so I won't add anything except (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Okay, finally started tonight! I'm at 39% (view spoiler)

I'm now at 65%. Wow, Jen, you're right (view spoiler)

message 28: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Hehe just you two wait... :)

message 29: by Karen’s Library (last edited Nov 24, 2013 06:01PM) (new)

Finished. Woah Nellie!! (view spoiler)

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Angels = bad

message 31: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I FINALLY finished it, and I loved it, although some of it was hard to read! (view spoiler)

5 star read for me!

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Hahaha! Pooky Bear!!!

message 33: by Az (أسماء) (new)

Az (أسماء) | 89 comments I loved Angelfall way more but this was really good. I cried for wings and a sword. I mean I cried for/about objects in stories/books before but well I didn't expect to here.

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

World After (other topics)