The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games question

What is the best young adult book you have read?
Lauren Lauren Nov 20, 2013 06:59PM
just curious about some good young adult books you have liked and would recommend

The Book Thief, hands down.

ALL of Julie Kagawa's books, casandra clare's shadow hunter books,divergent,and delirium xD

The Fault on Our Stars, Chocky, Catcher in the Rye, Northern Lights, A Rag A Bone & A Hank of Hair

The Mercer Legacy Series!

A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1) by Leslie Deaton A History Renewed (The Mercer Legacy, #2) by Leslie Deaton A Destiny Unfolds The Mercer Legacy by Leslie Deaton The Mercer Legacy The Complete Series (Books 1-3) by Leslie Deaton

Amazon: The Mercer Legacy

Shadow and Bone Shadow and Bone is good!

The Blue Sword Anything by Robin McKinley is going to be amazing, but I adored The Blue Sword and ...

The Hero and the Crown The Hero and The Crown

I liked the first two Divergent Books; not so much the third.

I'm looking forward to Fire and Flood next.

Fire & Flood

Code Name Verity, closely followed by Fairytales for Wilde Girls. My friends have gotten extremely sick of hearing me chat on about them. When there is a lapse in conversation, I poke one of them and say, "You should read Code Name Verity".

ENCLAVE.......Razorland series by Ann Aguirre...

SHATTER ME......Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi...

The darkest powers trilogy was really good. You should read it

Tiger's Curse, The Iron Fey, Angelfall and Soul Seekers are good reads.

Hard to say but I really loved the cahill witch chronicles born wicked. And also amber house was really good

I really enjoyed Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bones series. It's a great story, with likeable characters you can relate to, and well written, too, which seems to be an issue with many YA books. Looking forward to the third instalment in April.

I'm old; the series of my youth, and that I still love today, is Madeleine L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series. I always thought there were 4 books in the series (A wrinkle in Time (1962), A Wind in the Door (1973), A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978), Many Waters (1986), but Amazon says the book 'An Acceptable Time' is also part of the series, but I saw that more as part of her O'Keefe series.

I saw her speak at a school function on writing in 1975 when I was in high school and she had copies of A Wind in the Door for sale - it was the first I knew that there was a second book, so was thrilled.

wicked lovely
unearthly
hush hush
fallen (not as good as some!)
shiver
paranormalcy
tomorrow when the war began
the hunger games

Unwind by Neal Shusterman.
A YA book that deserves way more recognition for it's sheer brilliance!

the fault in our stars,room,false prince

deleted member (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:18AM ) Nov 29, 2013 04:16AM   -1 votes
The Fault in Our Stars, The Catcher in the Rye,The Maze Runner,The Outsiders (I don't know if it's YA but it's awesome anyway),Looking for Alaska and finally:The Knife of Never Letting Go All AMAZING books, all deserve 5 stars