The Nerd Herd discussion

Enders Game > Enders game

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 3603 comments Mod
((Don't really know what it is, but... Carry on.))

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

My sis read the book. I have seen multiple movie trailers. yeah, I totally know what Enders Game is about :P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw the movie:) IT WAS AMAZING! It may not have looked that great, but it was.

Gameboy the mental Mario  (gameboythelegomaster) | 1260 comments I no nothing except a neat trailer,I SHALL RESEARCH!!!

message 5: by Hakuna (new)

Hakuna Matata (hakuna_matata) | 249 comments I LOVED the movie!!!
The book isn't the BEST scifi ever (I think that goes to Hitchhiker's Guide XD) but it's still awesome!
And Asa Butterfield.... *fangirl squeal*

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a pretty good book, but the second is better. Still read the first one first! Read them in order. You have to be smart to understand the book (which you obviously are:). They take a while to get into. Read at least the first hundred pages, and you'll get into it, but I was hooked on page 1:)

message 7: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

Abbs. What are you doing looking for books??? You've had my copy of the hobbit for 2 years, and Pawn of Prophecy for 1. JUST READ THEM ALREADY!!!! I want Pawn of Prophecy back at the end of Christmas break. I wanted to read it, yesterday, but couldn't find it.

message 8: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

I'm sorry about the Belgariad. It's one of my favorite series, and I'm sorry you looked at the cover and didn't like it.
But, you said that she liked the hobbit... And you won't even watch the movies with me :(

message 9: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

Yeah, you did! Whenever we're trying to decide which movie to watch, I always suggest them, and you say that you want to read the books first :(

The first two chapters? Okay, those are just making sure that you know Garion really well before they actually start the story. My favorite character, Silk, doesn't come in until later, and Ce'Nedra, who is the lead female, doesn't come in until the end of the second book.

(P.S. Sorry if I sound really rude or jerky, but I couldn't fall asleep last night, and then at 3:30, I found myself sitting in bed staring at the clock for about a half hour. So... Yeah. Not very much sleep at all.)

message 10: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

You can keep the Hobbit. We bought another copy.

message 11: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

Yep. Oh my gosh, I'm going to DoS tonight, (SO EXCITED) so I decided to reread it, and I fell in love with Bilbo all over again :) and then I ended up skipping to the spiders and the barrel scene, because I was running out of time, and ATTERCOP and perfection :)

message 12: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

I'm so excited :) I can't wait to see my Legolas again!!!! And, of course, Bilbo :) and SMAUG will just be perfection

message 13: by mels, This isn't a friendship, it's a spaceship (new)

I'm so excited!!!! Martin Freeman is a PERFECT Bilbo :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

They did a great portrayal of Smaug. It's sort of weird knowing Sherlock is Smaug, though.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

^And yes, he is