Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Marathon Man
This topic is about Marathon Man
Books > Marathon Man by William Goldman

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Philip McClimon (philipamcclimon) | 32 comments I just finished reading Marathon Man by William Goldman.

Marathon Man

Marathon Man by William Goldman

I must say, this is one of the best books I have read in a while. There are some differences from the movie which were interesting, but by and large the movie captured the feel of the book quite well. From a writing perspective, just paying attention to Goldman 's style and technique could teach a novice author quite a lot. Solid from start to finish... and safe...

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 255 comments I loved the movie and I've got to read the book one day...

Philip McClimon (philipamcclimon) | 32 comments Mark wrote: "I loved the movie and I've got to read the book one day..."

I love Dustin Hoffman and he is great in the movie. So much so, that I heard his voice in the book. Yes, you should read this book whenever you can. I found it to be a fairly fast read. It is an engrossing book that I could not put down, so I am sure that was part of it, but the other is that Goldman takes you on a harrowing journey without wasting any words. Good stuff all around.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Crocker | 271 comments Mark wrote: "I loved the movie and I've got to read the book one day..."

Mark, Goldman's book is better than the movie. The dental scenes go waaay beyond the movie. This is like The Shining being a much better book, and of course the movie was damn good. Cheers! Jim

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 255 comments Jim wrote: "Mark, Goldman's book is better than the movie. The dental scenes go waaay beyond the movie. This is like The Shining being ..."

It's in the TBR - which, thanks to a little four month old bundle of energy is only getting bigger rather than smaller at the moment!