YA LGBT Books discussion

Self-Promotion > Sara Alva

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Alva | 22 comments Hi all. :) Much as my natural inclination is to run and hide rather than self-promote, here I am, trying to do the author-thing. :P

I have a recent release out this past month: Silent Silent by Sara Alva .

Here's the blurb:

Alex’s life as a teenager in South Central LA is far from perfect, but it’s his life, and he knows how to live it. He knows what role to play and what things to keep to himself. He’s got it all under control, until one lousy pair of shoes kicks him out of his world and lands him in a foster care group home.

Surrounded by strangers and trapped in a life where he could never belong, Alex turns to the only person lower on the social ladder than he is: a “special” mute boy. In Sebastian, Alex finds a safe place to store his secrets—those that sent him to foster care, and the deeper one that sets him apart from the other teenagers he knows. But Sebastian has secrets of his own, and when tragedy rips the two boys apart, Alex will stop at nothing to find the answers—even if it means dragging them both through a past full of wounds best left buried.

It might just be worth it, for the slim chance at love.

Genre: Mature YA, coming-of-age/gay romance
*Please note that this novel contains strong language, sexual situations, and abuse themes.

Available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G8UF0JM

I'm running a photo series/paperback and gift giveaway on my blog right now. The first stop can be found here: Watts, Los Angeles

I also have a couple of free YA short stories, Dare by Sara Alva and No Strings by Sara Alva . My other two titles are NA.

Thanks for reading! :)

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Welcome and thanks for posting your books here - I love your writing :)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Alva | 22 comments Thanks, Kaje! I'm in awe of your writing. :)

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Alva | 22 comments 4th stop posted in the photo series/paperback giveaway for Silent:

Huntington Park, Los Angeles

Previous posts:
Pt. 1 Watts, Los Angeles
Pt. 2 Mid City, Los Angeles
Pt. 3 Bel Air and West Los Angeles

message 5: by Sara (last edited Nov 29, 2013 09:17PM) (new)

Sara Alva | 22 comments Pt. 5 Venice Beach

I'll be choosing a winner for the paperback/art giveaway this weekend. :)

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Alva | 22 comments Scenes from Silent photo post pt. 6

Santa Monica Beach

Final posts and last chance to enter the giveaway for a paperback and some LA art. :)

message 7: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16510 comments Cool - free books are always good.