Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Fun Stuff > Mortal instruments or hp?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miranda | 186 comments Which one?

My1Book | 2 comments How can any one decide? loool
They're very different genres and stories.

Miranda | 186 comments I know, but which one?

Brianna | 45 comments Never read Mortal Instruments, but I've been told that it's kind of similar to Harry Potter. So it's interesting that you think they're different. Maybe I'lll have to give them a try.

Miranda | 186 comments Ohh, they're really good!

Taylor Looks good. Just added it to my to-read list.

Miranda | 186 comments Great, you'll love them!

message 8: by Addie (new)

Addie (justthisonetime) | 7 comments Mortal Instruments was FanFic of HP called the "Draco Trilogy" so I'm not surprised that it's similar. Though I suppose I should say that Cassandra Claire got kicked out of Fanfiction.net by plagiarizing ha quarter of her fanfic from movies, tv shows (ex. buffy the vampire slayer) and Harry Potter. And while I know Fanfic might be considered plagiarism on its own, it's not. Not when you give credits to the creators. Cassandra lifted entire phrases and chapters from other shows and claimed them as her own. Don't get me wrong I LOVED Infernal Devices and I liked the first three books of the Mortal Instruments series but.... but.... It's cheating. The Mortal Instruments (and I have readers of the fanfic to back me up) is just a copy of the "Draco Trilogy". So its like she somewhat published a book that was made most entirely of other people's words. That is NOT fair. Sure she's expanded and made great stories without plagiarizing anymore but .... still.... her fame and fortune on the series was based on stealing.

I feel horrible having to point it out considering I love one of her series but I just hate how unfair it is :(

sorry for the negative post

Harry Potter all the way

Pamela (waterspout) | 27 comments Harry Potter, of course!! I read City of Bones twice and felt bored on both occasions but I had no horrible experience like that with HP

Miranda | 186 comments I know what you mean, guys!

Ruthe (remzija) | 1 comments Harry Potter foreeeever!

Anahita (anahitasn) | 248 comments Harry Potter... obviously! (Read that in Alan Rickman's voice.)
I read city of bones a week ago and I'm reading the second book now. I don't think that it's a really good book but I've read worse!

Lindsey I've read the first two Mortal Instruments books and I think they're pretty good, but nothing like Harry Potter!

Hellen Dawn (hellenedawn) | 5 comments Harry potter!!

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim This question isn't even fair. Mortal Instruments sucks.

message 16: by Sabreen (last edited Mar 17, 2014 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sabreen | 31 comments I've only read the first Mortal Instruments book, and even though I enjoyed it...I'd take HP any day.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Justine wrote: "So far I've only read the first 3 of the Mortal Instruments books but i really like them (specially the third one) but so far HP gets the gold."

Same here.i've only read the first 3 of TMI but Harry Potter is better...ALWAYS! :)

RosiePosie ~/TiEd uP In KNoTs\~ (s-c-a-t-t-e-r-me) | 1 comments As much as I love Mortal Instruments... Harry Potter is just too classic. MI is gold but HP is just the Freakin mine

Anita Reads | 49 comments I liked the Mortal instruments. So far I've only read the first 3 and then the 1 book in the Infernal devices. I liked them all pretty much, but Harry Potter is still better.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree with Anita!