The Liberal Politics & Current Events Book Club discussion

oppression / discrimination > State Rep. Uses Sledgehammer To Destory Homeless People's Possessions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is the problem with having Rich White Men run everything. Even a member of the supposedly progressive party is more concerned about appearances than with actually addressing the cause of the issue, with sweeping the poor out of the way instead of, I don't know, FIGURING OUT WHY THEY'RE SO POOR AND TRYING TO FIX IT?

message 3: by Alicja (new)

Alicja (darkwingduckie7) | 228 comments “I’m not trying to attack the homeless. I’m trying to attack the issue of cleanliness, but some people interpreted as an attack on the homeless,” Brower explained to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

That man has not a single shred of compassion or empathy, but I guess it is not surprising to not find those qualities among our politicians.

He walks around, wakes up homeless people, and tell them to sleep somewhere else... Where the fuck does he think they will go? They are fucking homeless!

He says he is “disgusted” with homeless people, well, I am disgusted with him. Can I show up at his home with a hammer and do some smashing? It would really help me deal with this anger I'm feeling right now.

message 4: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy A key part of the story is how some towns send homeless people away on one-way tickets, many to Hawaii. It has happened here in NH where a young prostitute was sent to New York. Fortunately, an outcry was raised here. That seems to me that maybe some federal laws need to come into play.

message 5: by Alicja (new)

Alicja (darkwingduckie7) | 228 comments Jimmy wrote: "A key part of the story is how some towns send homeless people away on one-way tickets, many to Hawaii. It has happened here in NH where a young prostitute was sent to New York. Fortunately, an out..."

Ha! If some Democrats can be this cruel, can you imagine the Republican outcry to such "overreach of the federal government dictating to states and cities how to deal with their homeless." I can just see that quote forming... It would be nice if we treated all people with respect or dignity but I'm not expecting this to happen anytime soon.