21st Century Literature discussion

Book Chat > 300 words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LindaJ^ (new)

LindaJ^ (lindajs) | 2354 comments Through a link in one of the author's newsletter, I discovered this little gem. Shortlist (a magazine?) challenged a few authors of crime/thriller/mystery to write an original noir story for its 300th issue. The catch is that the story must be exactly 300 words long. Since some of the authors were familiar to me -- e.g., John Connolly, David Vann - I decided to see what they had produced. Here's a link to the page that contains a link to each story -- http://www.shortlist.com/entertainmen....

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 89 comments Lydia Davis is the master at that length (hers are literary rather than crime) - I love her stories and I am excited to read her new collection out next year.

message 3: by Lily (last edited Nov 22, 2013 12:26AM) (new)

Lily (joy1) | 2498 comments 11/22/1963

by Stephen King

Wrong place for this, but this is the 11/22/13 Amazon Kindle Daily Special for $2.99 and a few of you might be interested. As hopefully most of you realize, I only post these for ones that seem of particular quality and interest -- by my own quirky evaluation criteria.

11/22/63

message 4: by LindaJ^ (new)

LindaJ^ (lindajs) | 2354 comments Lily wrote: "11/22/1963

by Stephen King

Wrong place for this, but this is the 11/22/13 Amazon Kindle Daily Special for $2.99 and a few of you might be interested. As hopefully most of you realize, I only pos..."

Thanks Lily, I agree that it is a good book and certainly appropriate for it to be the daily deal today.