Kenobi (Star Wars Legends)
This topic is about Kenobi
Kenobi > Official Discussion Thread for Kenobi *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angie Blanchard (angryang_bjj) | 13 comments Mod
Book Selection for November/ December

message 2: by Watcher (new)

Watcher Rivera | 1 comments I just started Kenobi, dont have an opinion yet, we will see, I am hoping awesomeness to the finest

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Oliver | 2 comments I'm halfway through outcast. not great not bad either

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Wass | 5 comments Just finished Kenobi! The second half of the book really picked up with some twists and turns in the plot, while there was some happiness at the end, over all I felt sad. Sad for Ben, doomed to wait alone for twenty or so years to die for a new hope

Sean Henley | 8 comments I agree with Andrew. It took a while for the book to pick up speed. I kept wondering if the entire thing was going to drag on. In the end, I felt bad that Qui-Gon never made contact with Obi-wan and that he lived in seclusion with no other contract for 17 years. At the end of RotS I assumed he spent a good amount of his time communing with Qui-Gon.

Angie Blanchard (angryang_bjj) | 13 comments Mod
I felt this book did not give us enough up close and personal with Kenobi. The only time we got into Kenobi's head was when he was trying to communicate with Qui-Gonn. It was all about how everyone else saw Kenobi and he felt like a background character a lot of the time. I also felt there was a huge missed opportunity to learn more about the Tuskens here too. I felt this book was good but I wanted so much more from it.

Sean Henley | 8 comments I thought there was some real good insight into the Tuskens. Not very in depth, but enough to show me how they see themselves and their place in the world. I thought this helped with how I view Tahiri Veila from the NJO series and onward.

Lorraine Moore | 1 comments I was very disappointed in this book. I thought with that title it would give us some background on Obi-wan Kenobi;some idea of his background, how he became a Jedi, etc; however, all it was, was a western dressed up in s/f clothes. Very disappointed.e