All About Books discussion

The Child Thief
This topic is about The Child Thief
Readalongs > The Child Thief by Brom (Amber and Alannah)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11466 comments Mod
An impromptu read-along for this fantasy horror book. Anyone is more than welcome to join in on reading this with us or joining the discussion if you have already read this book.

This readalong will start now and will probably run into early December.

Already bought this and will start tomorrow.

message 3: by Amber (last edited Nov 20, 2013 12:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I just got this from the overdrive ebooks library today and just read the prologue so far. It's cool the author did the art for this book too! I can't wait to read more later on though. It's due back December 4th anyway. :-) Thanks for doing this readalong with me Alannah and that's cool you already got the book and you will be starting it tomorrow. If anyone wants to read this with us, feel free to. It is a dark version of Peter Pan.

LauraT (laurata) | 13030 comments Mod
I may join in a week or two, if it's not too late!

Cool Laura, I think I will probably still be reading this by then. I'm currently trying to finish Undone which is about 75% and I might do some reading for this tonight and over the weekend just for some relaxation between essay writing.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm only past the prologue and chapter one of this right now. I am trying to finish Little Women while reading this one and am almost done. Got 188 pages to go of Little Women. I hope you'll join us LauraT. I'm enjoying the book so far! Will read more later. Love the artwork in it. ^_^

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Have you started yet Alannah?

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to get back to this book after I finish Little Women tonight. :)

Wanted to finished Undone before I got on to this. I have finished it now so I might try and a read a bit tonight.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome! I'm finishing up little women tonight then will get back to it. I stopped on chapter 2 of the child thief anyway.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm up to chapter 4 and will read more tonight. I'm enjoying it so far. :-)

I'm at Chapter 8, not sure what to think of it but I am liking it so far.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome Alannah! I think it is pretty good.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'll read more tonight. I'm glad we are both liking this book so far Alannah! Btw, I had an interesting question about Peter Pan from The Child Thief from Robert in another thread. He asked how does Brom's pan compare to the darker version of pan from the show Once Upon a time and I told him that pan in OUAT just plays games just to be evil but Brom's pan is violent and actually kills people besides having the golden eyes and pointy ears. If you go to this link, there is some of the artwork of the book plus Brom's thoughts on how he came up with the book and why peter is evil. I thought it was interesting. http://www.bromart.com/childthief.html

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm on chapter 10 of 26 now. ^_^ still pretty good.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I am on Chapter 13 of 26 chapters and it is still pretty good. Am almost done with it. It is a pretty good and interesting dark tale. How are you liking it Alannah?

I'm on Chapter 13 as well. I don't know but I feel we're not supposed to like these characters but I kind of do. I am glad I bought this because it's really something different.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I like the characters too. :-) I'm on chap 16 now.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'l finish this tomorrow. I'm on chapter 20 of 26 now. Man this is a pretty good read! :-)

Just started; I can't say that up to now I love it. I find it too "blinking" an eye to Peter Pan, tending though to the horror side of the story...
But I'm barely on Chapter 4 ...

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) It gets better LauraT. Just keep on going! ^_^ As long as you bleep out the cursing, it's fine.

The cursing doesn't bother me, surprisingly I have read a lot worse for my university.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I just finished this and enjoyed it. My review is up for it too. :-) it was a pretty good read.

Cool, will check it out later.

I'll read it when I'm finished; thanks Amber

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome Alannah! No problem LauraT. I hope you ladies are still enjoying the Child Thief. :)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Definitely read the afterword by Brom when you guys get finished because he tells how he came up with the Child Thief in it. :) I thought it was very interesting.

I have to confess I'm having some difficoulties with it. Brobably not my type of book, too spplatter, too fantastic.
I'll see in the end. And I'll read the afterword

Just finished this. Will post my thoughts in a bit.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome Alannah! ^_^

Thanks for making me aware of the book Amber. It was kind of nice to read something quite different.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) No problem Alannah. ^_^ It was a pretty good read. Maybe next year I'll read his book Krampus the yule lord too as that is his newest one that my library has. We'll see what happens though.

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I hope everyone else who reads the child Thief enjoys it too. ^_^

Finished it as well, and liked it, even if it is not my usual read. I think about it and write in a day or two

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome laurat! :-)