The BURIED Book Club discussion

unBURIED Authors K-P > Ron Loewinsohn

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 2 comments A while ago I read Magnetic Field that may have been the oddest but most enthralling thriller that I had/have ever come across.

And like most of these books that are semi-buried by time and lack of attention, I wanted to find more from Loewinsohn and about him. It seems he is more poet than novelist, which perhaps makes him a bit harder to track down.

Interested to hear if anyone else has come across Magnetic Field or Loewinsohn work in general. And if you haven't, I heartily recommend giving it a try.

message 2: by Nathan "N.R." (last edited Nov 20, 2013 09:02AM) (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Sorry, Mark. But I can't certify Loewinsohn as BURIED. His one good book, Magnetic Field(s) is fantastic, but with 99 ratings is (bizarrely) too popular to certify. His second novel isn't really very good. But I've got a few links in my review :: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Oh, never mind. We can certify him on the strength of his Knot-Read poetry books. [I'm getting a little fast and loose with my BURIED criteria]

message 3: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments And too, Sorrentino has a short bit about Loewinsohn's poetry in Something Said. That's enough for me. (but I don't know poetry from a soup-can's ingredient label)

Let's welcome Ron to The BURIED Book Club!

message 4: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Ali wrote: "I came across a post on Ron Silliman's blog claiming that Loewinsohn died two days ago, "

RIP.

I've not seen any further confirmation either.

message 5: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Ali wrote: "Confirmed at last."

RIP