Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Elizabeth Goudge
This topic is about Elizabeth Goudge
Page Numbering Requests > The Scent of Water 63-8212

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) I'm not certain if the ISBN number and Library of Congress Catalog Card Number are one and the same; my copy of The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge just has the Library of Congress number of 63-8212. It is the first American Edition published in 1963, it is a hard back and has 349 pages.

Thank you!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
True, but SBNs (which are easily convertible to ISBNs) were in use from 1967-1970. In any case, they are quote distinct from LCCNs, and are not interconvertible.

Kathryn, none of the editions we have for that book seem to match up to your edition. You may wish to add a new one. You can do so yourself or ask for help. Do you have the publisher's name? A scanned copy of the cover, perhaps?

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) rivka wrote: "True, but SBNs (which are easily convertible to ISBNs) were in use from 1967-1970. In any case, they are quote distinct from LCCNs, and are not interconvertible.

Kathryn, none of the editions we h..."

The cover has been removed. I chose the once from the editions listed that did not have page numbers or an ISBN number. The publisher is Coward-McCann, Inc. New York. Gosh darn it, I wish I had more information...

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
Could it be this edition? http://www.amazon.com/Scent-Water-Eli...

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) rivka wrote: "Could it be this edition? http://www.amazon.com/Scent-Water-Eli..."

The publisher of my book is Coward-McCann, Inc. New York.

If it's easier we can just leave well enough alone and I'll use the edition I currently have in my reading folder.

You guys are so efficient and helpful. Thank you!!