Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

Reviewers > Looking for LGBT authors or LGBT books to host!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Smith (adrianjsmith) | 25 comments I'm looking to host individuals who write LGBT and/or individuals who are LGBT and write (they don't have to write LGBT).

Coming in 2014, my newest project on my blog is to host other writers and authors in order to help them promote (and at the same time, help promote my blog). I've chose LGBT first because that is the niche I'm closest with, and I think it needs some good promo and excitement.

If you would like to participate, just PM me or comment here. I'd love to host you.

There are three options for what you can do.
1. Interview -- I will provide questions
2. Guest Post -- we will discuss a topic
3. Author Spotlight -- promo solely for an author/book including excerpt, book cover, and author profile.

If any of this looks interesting to you, please contact me! I have spots open starting in February.

message 2: by S. (new)

S. Rose (sienna_rose) | 27 comments Hi Adrian,

While I would not limit categorizing my novel to LGBT, I think you would find it fits your needs well.
Bridge Ices Before Road is first and foremost solid literary fiction. In the context of a classic Bildungsroman, the plot traverses many societal ills, and touches upon key issues of the 1970s, notably the cultural resistance to changing attitudes towards race and roles of women, as well as a deep exploration of the ravages of homophobia.

Best of all, the heroine is a dynamic, richly drawn character who just happens to become a lesbian. We watch Maddy grow up alongside her friend Frances, from a confident Tom-boy, through the awkward teen years in a repressed society to emerge a strong, lesbian woman in a very challenging time. But homosexuality certainly does not define Maddy Malone. She is loving, albeit in a gruff sort of way, fiercely loyal and protective of her family, smart, funny; very real to life and absolutely lovable!

I hope you will check out the book. It is also available as an audio book. Let me know if you have any interest in reading it.

Best,
Sienna Rose
Sienna Rose

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Eliason (RachelEliason) | 102 comments I would be delighted to do any of those three (interview, guest post or spotlight) on your blog. I write both YA LGBT books and fantasy novels. My most recent novel Bear Naked is a shapeshifter novel with some LGBT side characters. That is the one I am most actively promoting right now but you can also check out my author page and see if one of the other books trips your fancy more. Rachel Eliason

Thanks for offering this. Send me a PM and tell me what you are interested in doing.

Rachel

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon De'lisle | 1 comments Hi Adrian,
I'm very interested in participating in your blog project. I just released my first novel through Create Space. It is a mystery story about a gay private investigator. He comes to terms with himself, falls in love with a client, and solves a mystery all at the same time.

Even though my novel has been in the works off and on for about ten years, I'm still fairly new to the concept of promoting my novel and connecting with other writers in the genre.

Please feel free to check out these links to my Amazon page, and Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/authorjdelisle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1480253170/r...

Feel free to send me a message and let me know.

Thanks and best regards,
Jon