Squeaky-Clean Role-Playing and Other Whatnot discussion

1 view
Chats > "Doctor Who" Chat

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (last edited Nov 20, 2013 07:49AM) (new)

Katie | 73 comments Mod
Here's our Doctor Who-themed* chatting corner! Enjoy!

* Please, as there are certain—ah—slightly crass characters and other not-so-clean material on the show, only discuss the clean stuff, thank you.

message 2: by Katie (last edited Dec 09, 2013 02:10PM) (new)

Katie | 73 comments Mod
(Look out below, spoilers!)

What did you think of the fiftieth anniversary special?

It was not at all what I was expecting! A pleasant surprise, though, to be sure! I loved it—it hardly felt like seventy five minutes, though. I wish it'd been longer—'course, I say that, but if they'd made it longer it might not have been as good; stretching things out doesn't work so well, it sadly seems. When we saw that Billie Piper was going to be in it, my mother and I thought that she'd be reprising her role as Rose Tyler. Nope! When we heard the phrase “no more”, I thought, “That's what Dalek Caan said!” I was glad that it wasn't all about the Zygons, but more about the characters we love/grew to love. It was so cool to see three Doctors together! The writers are going to be hard-pressed to top such a charming, heart-breaking, and hilarious episode. It was really quite interesting to learn more about the Time War, and so good to know that, instead of fire, Gallifrey had hope.