Readers Delight discussion

Challenges! > 2013 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Well I am posting this on the 20th November 2013 with just over a month to go till 2014! I know right...it feels like yesterday when it was 200..4 or something!

So this is going to be an officially unofficial challenge! Before you say WHAT! let me explain! :)

At first I didn't think there'd be much point in starting a challenge so late in the year. But then I thought...we might as well but not to make it an official thing.

So with a target of 15 books between now and 31st of December..get reading and list your reads here!

Hopefully at the start of 2014 we can then have prizes for our challenges then! :)

Ciao...and get reading!

Aiysha
(Readers Delight Moderator)

message 2: by Jannene (last edited Nov 23, 2013 06:40PM) (new)

Jannene Beautiful Lies: A Novel and Sliver of Truth, I have read so far since this posting. They were both great reads.

message 3: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Jannene wrote: "Beautiful Lies: A Novel and Sliver of Truth, I have read so far since this posting. They were both great reads."

Beautiful Lies sounds really good! I've added it to my 'to-read' shelf. :) If I enjoy it I can go on to Silver of Truth. Are you enjoying them? I've got a few books to get through first and then I can start this one...so much to read but so little time! :)

message 4: by Jannene (new)

Jannene I did enjoy both of them. The author engaged you by asking questions like what would you do? It made you reflect on what your own actions would be. The main character, Ridley, was so likeable.

message 5: by Jannene (new)

Jannene I also finished...
Portrait Of A Spy by Daniel Silva, Stalemate by Iris Johansen, Pop Goes the Weasel by James Patterson, and Darkness All Around by Doug Magee.

Currently reading Deadly Heat by Richard Castle.

message 6: by Aiysha (new)

Aiysha (Aiysha_W) | 48 comments Jannene wrote: "I also finished...
Portrait Of A Spy by Daniel Silva, Stalemate by Iris Johansen, Pop Goes the Weasel by James Patterson, and Darkness All Around by Doug Magee.

Currently reading Deadly Heat by Ri..."

It would be good if you could do a review on them...your thoughts and ideas. :) A review I think is a nice way to remember a good book!

message 7: by Jannene (new)

Jannene I hate reviews that basically reiterate what happens in the book. I feel some of it is covered in the brief description of the book. Then others give too much away which discourages some people to read the book. Based on that I am not sure what would constitute as a "review." How I felt about the book? I guess I am unsure. However on a few I have left little god bits on how it made me feel and what I liked. I just don't do that on all of them.