Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > Short/new Cozy series

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Nov 20, 2013 06:55AM) (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 130 comments Hey everyone!! I love reading cozies and especially cozy series, as I can easily get attached to good characters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good cozy series that does have a ton of books so far.

I really like the series by Janet Evanovich(almost finished), Joanne Fluke, Alexander McCall Smith (finished), Sue Grafton(half finished), Leslie Meier and Kate Kingsbury.

BUT they have so many books out already that it's daunting to really start at the beginning and work my way through, so it's slow going for me to catch up. I recently found the Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay series and with only 3 (now 4) books out it was easy to catch up.

Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had any good suggestions. THANKS!

message 2: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 308 comments You might like Donna Andrews' Meg Langslow series. It's rather long (not as long as Evanovich's or Grafton's). The characters are fun and the plots are funny. I have no problem reading series out of order, so I actually started with the fourth book, Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4) by Donna Andrews which sent me off to continue with the series.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Rebecca wrote: "Hey everyone!! I love reading cozies and especially cozy series, as I can easily get attached to good characters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good cozy series that does hav..."

Jenn McKinlay's Cupcake Bakery series is good and doesn't have a lot of books, so far.

message 4: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments Melodie wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Hey everyone!! I love reading cozies and especially cozy series, as I can easily get attached to good characters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good cozy seri..."

Yes, her books are delightful. She also has the "library-themed" series she recently started.

message 5: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 199 comments Tricia wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Hey everyone!! I love reading cozies and especially cozy series, as I can easily get attached to good characters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for ..."

I was referring to Jenn McKinlay's cupcake books. Sorry, I'm rushing too much tonight.

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam Ferguson (exoduspam) | 8 comments Rebecca wrote: "Hey everyone!! I love reading cozies and especially cozy series, as I can easily get attached to good characters. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good cozy series that does hav..."

Have you read Claudia Bishop or Nancy Atherton. I've enjoyed those authors very much.

message 7: by Rebecca (last edited Nov 21, 2013 09:21AM) (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 130 comments Thanks everyone! I think I will start the Jenn McKinlay cupcake series, because it's not very long so I can catch up quickly.

I'll be adding many of your suggestions to my TBR.

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue (novogold) | 6 comments If any one likes family history mysteries ;-), have a look at "Painted Skies" http://paintedskies.homestead.com/ It has been compared to Barbara Kingsolver's mysteries.

message 9: by Dizzy (new)

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments I love Chris Cavender's pizza shop series, Bailey Cates' magical bakery series & Sammi Carter's candy shoppe series, all three are shorter series as of yet!

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnali) | 524 comments The books may be difficult to find, but these authors have relatively short series:
Sarah Caudwell
Kate Ross
Hannah March
Rosemary Stevens
Margaret Miles
Virginia Rich
C.C. Benison
Marne Davis Kellogg

message 11: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (last edited Nov 21, 2013 08:59PM) (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 17790 comments Mod
There are always new series starting, too. Check out the Upcoming new releases section, where the book number is usually indicated for those that are part of series.

The following are all first books in new series, most of them released during the last three months:
A Skeleton in the Family
Scrapbook of Secrets (This one is actually a year old, book two was recently published)
Pall in the Family
A Potion to Die For
Murder at Hatfield House
Drizzled with Death
Going Through the Notions
First-Degree Fudge
Clammed Up