Reading Buddy Style discussion

Member Recommendations > Favorite books of 2013

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
What were your favorite books read this year? Any 5 stars books?

message 2: by Hassam (new)

Hassam Sheikh (Wraith000) The Longest Ride

The Rosie Project - Absolutely loved this one i'd definitely recommend it to everyone - the lead reminded me of Monk and Sheldon.

Fangirl - great characters, fun read.

Whistling Past the Graveyard - another amazing book narrated by a young lead character reminded me of To kill a mocking bird.

Eleanor & Park - different , good,

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily I've had a good year for books so far, fortunately. Lots of 5 stars. Some of my favorites include:

Burial Rites - can't believe this is her first book, a great historical fiction story

MaddAddam - you really need to have read Oryx and Crake and The Year of the Flood first, but while I only liked those two, I loved this one

Crank - my first book by Ellen Hopkins; never really been a fan of books in verse, but she changed my mind

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - I loved this one, and then I passed it on to my grandmother and she loved it

Under the Dome - I don't know what they were thinking with the tv series, since after the first episode they stopped following the book, and the book was awesome... oh well...

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
My favorites this year so far:

The Distant Hours and The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton, one of my favorite authors.

The Help

Life of Pi

Catching Fire

and Jane Eyre