52 weeks, 52 books discussion

My picks for top 10 books we've read so far

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McKenzie | 985 comments Mod
What do you think? What are your favorites: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/catheri...

message 2: by Marsha (new)

Marsha I've only read two of your top 10 picks. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and I highly recommend them both!! I have Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline on my to-read list so I'm very excited to see it on your list.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Marsha wrote: "I've only read two of your top 10 picks. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and I highly recommend them both!! I have Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline on my ..."

Honestly, they are all great reads!

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth | 145 comments I just veered off the list for a while and read "THe Orphan Master's Son" by Adam Johnson. I don't know if any of you have read it yet but I highly recommend it. It look me much longer to read than usual but it was riveting and really intense.

I am now starting "The Book Thief" and hope to catch up with some of the other books on your "Top 10" list that I haven't read yet. I've read 4 of them already and completely agree that they belong on a "Top 10" list - I loved your reviews of all of them.

I also purchased "Forgotten" and hope to get to that one before the end of the year.
Happy reading all!

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Beth wrote: "I just veered off the list for a while and read "THe Orphan Master's Son" by Adam Johnson. I don't know if any of you have read it yet but I highly recommend it. It look me much longer to read th..."

Thanks, Beth!

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyil) | 21 comments My favorites are The Rosie Project and The Fault in Our Stars. I also liked Beautiful Ruins, Insurgent, And the Mountains Echoed, The Cuckoo's Calling, and Orange is the New Black. I am enjoying Telegraph Avenue as well, but I have only read about 2/3 of it.

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 13 comments I have read only 7 out of the selections and I loved The Book Thief,The Wednesday Sisters,The Aviator's Wife,The Storyteller,The Fault in Our StarsGone Girl. The only one I didn't like wasThe Silver Linings Playbook.