Reading Buddy Style discussion

The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1)
This topic is about The Golem and the Jinni
Group Read > December 2013: The Golem and the Jinni

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan | 217 comments Mod
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker The Golem and the Jinni
Chava is a golem, a creature made of clay, brought to life by a disgraced rabbi who dabbles in dark Kabbalistic magic. When her master, the husband who commissioned her, dies at sea on the voyage from Poland, she is unmoored and adrift as the ship arrives in New York in 1899.

Ahmad is a djinni, a being of fire, born in the ancient Syrian desert. Trapped in an old copper flask by a Bedouin wizard centuries ago, he is released accidentally by a tinsmith in a Lower Manhattan shop. Though he is no longer imprisoned, Ahmad is not entirely free – an unbreakable band of iron binds him to the physical world.

The Golem & The Djinni is their magical, unforgettable story; unlikely friends whose tenuous attachment challenges their opposing natures – until the night a terrifying incident drives them back into their separate worlds. But a powerful threat will soon bring Chava and Ahmad together again, challenging their existence and forcing them to make a fateful choice.

Hassam Sheikh (Wraith000) Hope you guys love this book ! it's an amazing read definitely worth picking up.

Gabriella Gricius (advocate0802) | 7 comments Ohmygosh. So everyone - I may have just read this book in one day O.o It was so incredible. And despite my skepticism on the book - it was so-well written, and I was attacked by a wave of sentiment when I finished because I don't want to leave Ahmad and Chava. Their story is far from over (at least I hope!)

Emily Ahh! I'm so excited to read it! Now I just have to wait for my number to come up at the library...

Megan | 217 comments Mod
Me too! I've had this book on hold at the library and I'm really hoping I can get to it this month!

Hassam Sheikh (Wraith000) Most awesome ! The author has a page on fb that she manages herself and even responds back to massages when she can, she was pretty active with the whole goodreads awards things too sadly she didn't win either category of best fantasy i think it was or debut author.

How did you feel about the ending ?

Megan | 217 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book and it was definitely worth the wait! I was drawn into the story immediately and found it difficult to put down.

Emily FINALLY got this from the library. I'll let you all know what I think when I finish it. :)

Emily Best book I've read in a long time. So glad I finally got my hands on it.