Gone with the Wind Gone with the Wind discussion

Rambling

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

zuba yes it is very discriptive. for eg. chapter 2. when the entire history of scarletts parents is given... but i think it just adds on to the book... *so far the best book i have ever read*

message 2: by Iris (last edited Nov 21, 2013 08:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iris I think she "over describes" as a way in to Scarlett's mind. I thought that the slightly repetitive descriptions were to show how she thought. She did/does have a tendency to over-think and overfill her plate, so I found that it just added to the book. I also somewhat agree with Gul, it is the best American written book I have ever read. (Note: 'Best' and 'Favorite' are two different things.)

Also, Domino, very nice avatar. I love that movie =)

message 3: by Keri (last edited Nov 25, 2013 10:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri I just finished reading it for the first time and in my opinion she does over describe things quite often. I had a hard time getting into the book and almost abandoned it and the drawn out side notes and descriptions was one of the reasons the other was how very vile a character Scarlett is but that is a different topic. :P I am glad I stuck with it because it turned out to be a great story. For me though, it was more of the over descriptions of the war (where the army was etc) and things like that, that were the problem rather than characters or the love story. I enjoyed the back story of her parents also. Eventually, I just started skimming through the parts that I found a bit too drawn out.