The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Brown or Blonde?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gayathri Blonde. Annabeth is a blondie. Piper but has to have brown hair...

Michaela I hate how they changed her hair color in the second movie. I wish she had blonde hair in both.

James I prefer it if Annabeth's hair was blonde since it seems like a choice of color of hair that Annabeth used in the Percy Jackson series.

Gayathri James wrote: "I prefer it if Annabeth's hair was blonde since it seems like a choice of color of hair that Annabeth used in the Percy Jackson series."
True!!!

Jenn Harris (Reader of Things) She needs to be blond. Her with brown hair is just strange:/

Crystal Wang Blonde. But doesn't it seem weird that the smartest girl in the series has a hair color usually associated with stupidity? I wonder if Rick Riordan did that on purpose.

Kaitlyn Or Rick Riordan was meaning to say something about how smart she is to prove people wrong about being associated with stupidity. But she should totally always be blonde.

message 8: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D You know, at soe point Annabeth talks about how it's harder for her to earn respect, etc. because she is a blonde. However, I am blonde and have had no trouble or prejudice whatsoever from anyone. I think maybe Rick overestimates the trials and tribulations of having a certain hair colors... ?

Georgia Crystal wrote: "Blonde. But doesn't it seem weird that the smartest girl in the series has a hair color usually associated with stupidity? I wonder if Rick Riordan did that on purpose."

He did

Marie Blonde

message 11: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya She is blonde. She should be shown as that. I appreciate it when the smart characters are blonde!! I'm blonde, and I hate it when people say "oh, that was such a blonde thing to do," or whatever.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Blonde. Definitely. Annabeth is blonde in the books; since the movie is supposed to based off the books, it must be blonde

Reyhaneh Blonde. Period.

Cotton Candy I definitely think blonde hair. I think it just sort of fits Annabeth's personalty! It also looks better!!!!! In the book she is supposed to have blonde hair so why not in the movie! :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I think she looks better in blonde. I also have always admired Rick Riordan for making a smart girl blonde.

Kelly Brigid ♡ Ya, it was idiotic of the director to give her brown hair. However, it doesn't really matter now, cause Logan Lerman (actor of Percy) said there will not be a 3rd Percy Jackson movie (Titan's Curse). I am actually glad, for I do not want my Demi-god dreams crushed a third time.

message 17: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Annabeth has to have blonde hair, not only is it written in the book also is matching to her mother, Athena. I think Rick Riordan made a great chose and the director of the movie really messed it up.

message 18: by Hana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hana I watched both of the movies and I found it totally stupid to have Annabeth have brown hair in the first movie, and then blonde hair in the second. I was like, " What the-? That's so confusing and stupid!" I mean, Annabeth has blonde hair in the book, so why the heck did they make it Brown in the movie??? Is it that hard? And then in the second movie they make it blonde, and then people are all like, " Huh? What happened to Annabeth`s hair?

Christine Blonde, the golden colour. Like sunshine.

Elise, Lets play a little game
Movie Annabeth: Brown hair, 16, "I have feelings for you, but I still need to figure them out"
Book Annabeth: Blonde, 12, "You drool in your sleep."

message 21: by Talia (new)

Talia Firstly, I hate the movies. They're terrible. Secondly, the movie directors didn't MAKE her hair brown, that's just the way the actor's hair was. I do feel it's stupid they didn't MAKE her hair blonde. If they didn't already know how many fans of the series there were, that's stupid too. They should've known this "outrage" would happen.