Places > North America

Comments Showing 1-50 of 139 (139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 472 comments Mod
RP in North America

message 2: by georgiabread (new)

(Alright so after this u write the second part, which would have to include ur character or something like that :) )

Abigail knelt down, turning the rabbit over and over on a stick over the crackling flames. The air around her was moist and dusty, flakes of fire bursting high. Collapsing buildings crumbled around her, once standing tall and proud, but were now abandoned and cracked, silent and deadly.
Abigail looked around. It was eerily silent, with the only exception of the fire and Abigail's heavy breathing.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments Kate had been on the small sailboat for nearly a week, and had almost used up all the canned food, and bottled water that had been left over from a summer trip down to San Fransico with her father. It was late, and dark, and Kate was having trouble seeing as she tried to pick her way through the debris that had been washed off shore and now littered the waters off the coast.

Kate was staring blankly off into the distance, and wondering if she would ever find a safe place to try and bring her tiny ship ashore when the dim flickering of a light caught the corner of her eye. Kate blinked herself back to reality, and focused her gaze out into the rubble and wreckage of what used to be vibrant sea-side community.

Buddy opened one lazy eye as his captain scampered across the deck to find a better angle before peering through her binoculars at the beach as she did so often. Kate always checked the fires for signs of life; there had been many in the first days after the destruction, caused no doubt by downed power lines, or one of the millions of lightning strikes that shot from the sky; the last couple of nights, however, had been completely dark.

She almost turned frantic as she had troulbe finding the small flames once again, but as she found them there among what was left of a once tall and proud office building she also found the reason they had been momentarily hidden from her. There was a person standing between her and the fire. A small person. A girl person. Doing something with the fire that Kate could not make out.

Seeing this girl by the fire was the first human contact Kate had had since since being nearly lost at sea. She looked over at Buddy sleeping next to the stairs that lead below deck, and thought of their quickly dwindeling supplies. She knew she would have to go ashore eventually, and it might as well be here. Kate went back to the wheel, and turned her vessel towards the coast.

(Hopefully I did this right, and it's not too long. I'm open to any critcism you have.)

message 4: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail had watched the girl warily as she approached the fire. For a while they had stared at each other. Abigail had laid her hand on her pocket knife, ready to strike if the girl attacked. But she stood there, staring at her.
Abigail watched as the girl walked away into the growing mist. Abigail looked down at her rabbit. It was cooked; brown and juicy, the fur skinned.
A thought shot into Abigail's mind. The girl might have a better shelter, or more food. And bedsides, she was the only sign of civilisation for at least two weeks. Instead of anger, Abigail found relief, and had an urge to be with this girl.
Abigail through dirt onto the fire, extinguishing it immediately, and chucked the rabbit into her scavenged backpack.
"Wait!" she called, running after the girl. "Wait!"

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments "Don't look at Buddy like that, you can't eat him, I won't let you." Kate said to the girl that ran up behind her.

message 6: by georgiabread (new)

( yeah :) if u can find a way tho)

Abigail slowed down, raising her eyebrows. "Eat him? No, I wouldn't eat someone's companion. Ever."
Abigail caught her breath. "I was...wondering...do you have food? Good food? And proper shelter?"

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae wove her way through thee trees. Suddenly, before she burst upon a clearing, she paused and her breath caught in her chest. People? She was just running from her house, getting away from her oppressive parents, whom were going to die eventually. She felt a little pang of guilt from this thought, but shook it off. She redirected her focus to the people in front of her. They were saying something about an animal. In the dark, she couldn't see their faces, and couldn't tell age or gender. She wished she had worn a thin hoodie under her leather jacket. Slowly shifting her weight, she stepped closer.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae ducked back into the darkness when she saw another girl. Oh Gods. This is bad. She had been told that people on their own were vicious and would do anything for supplies. But then again... Emae slipped her hand in her jacket and pulled out her black k-bar. She slowly unsheathed it and stuffed the cloth/forest camo duct tape sheath back in her leather jacket. She stood, ready to jump at them, as soon as she felt threatened.

message 9: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments "I have a small sailboat down by the shore, there's a room below deck you can sleep in. It isn't much, but it's better than sleeping out here..." Kate told her as another girl stepped out of the darkness making Kate quite nervous that she was being ambushed. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't alone?"

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae licked hr lips nervously as she tried to relax more. She was glad she hadn't been rushing out recklessly. People+times like these=danger. She slowly edged out of the shadows, the moon catching her blonde hair and glinting like a beacon.

message 11: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail licked her lips. "I-I...I assumed I didn't need to tell you," she stuttered. Suddenly she noticed another girls stepping from the shadows. Abigail stiffened, reaching for her knife.
"Um, thank you. My shelter's pretty cr*ppy." Abigail tried to laugh, but when it failed, she turned to the third girl.
"Wh-who are you? What are doing here?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae cursed and stepped closer, She held the knife menacingly. "I'm...Cassy." she lied convincingly. Her heart was pounding in her chest. "I'm a loner, my family's dead." she lied again.

message 13: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail glanced at the girl with the dog nervously, and suddenly noticed another girl coming from the same direction. She licked her lips. This was bad. Very bad. Were they both ambushing them? Were there more?
Abigail looked to 'Cassy'.
"How...how do we know we can trust you?" she asked.

message 14: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail looked from one girl to the other, both coming in different directions. They didn't seem like they were working together now; Abigail felt she could trust Arianna.
"I...I am Abigail Breckenridge. Cassy, can we trust you, and Arianna, can we trust you?" Abigail looked to the girl she had first met. She didn't even know her name yet. How could she trust her? She remembered someone telling her that everyone was an enemy. Was that person right?

message 15: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail licked her lips. Arianna was right. There was no way of proving that she could be trusted. And besides, she didn't want her to die, cold and alone and in agony.
"That's Cassy....answer me, Cassy, can we trust you?" Abigail asked.

message 16: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments "It's too cold and dark to stay out here second guessing each other. My name is Kate, I have a boat down by the shore. It'll be tight, but we can all fit, and there are plenty of blankets to keep everyone warm. There isn't any food left, but we can try to fish for something in the morning. Anyone that wants to come can, anyone that doesn't....good luck." with that Kate and Buddy headed back towards the sailboat.

message 17: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail glanced to the girls on either side in turn. She swallowed and sighed, and followed Kate to the boat.
"Hey, thanks for letting me stay. I might have died without you," Abigail whispered to Kate.

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments If you cross me you might still, Kate thought to herself.

"It's no problem. Besides, nobody can make it alone, right?" Kate told Abigail, she willed herself not to look back and see if the other two had decided to follow, instead keeping her eyes locked on the way ahead.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae had stayed silent during this whole exchange. "You can't trust me." she said loudly. "But it's possible to...well...accept me." She was sick of this. She was leaving her family. They could manage with out her. Charlie was 10, he was old enough to start looting and James was 18. He could provide for everyone. "My name is Emae, not Cassy."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Not daring to put away the knife, Emae walks up to the camp and slung off her small black bag. She reaches inside and pulls out a few Instant Meals. He dad was a retired Marine, so he had a few left over. "One meal for one person." she directed. She has 25 more in her bag, plus 3 more knives in case she needed to make an exit. Her brothers old rifle was still in the woods. She knew these skittish girl would be ven more so if she showed a gun.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae rolled her eyes and pulled a meal fror herself away from the pile. "No." she said shortly and then groaned. "Hey, you guys, a fire maybe?!" she told them. Doofuses. When day turns to night, you.make.a.fire.

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments "We're almost to the boat Arianna, there are plenty of blankets on board to keep you warm, you aren't going to freeze to death." Kate told the young girl in the most reassuring voice she could find. "Starting a fire now would just draw more attention to ourselves. There's not telling who it might bring out of the dark." she directed her lasts comments at Emmae with a much less plesant tone.

message 23: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail clambered onto the boat with the other girls, her mind swirling with thoughts. Cassy wasn't Cassy, Arianna's uncle fished, onlookers might be watching from the shadows. This was too much for her. She felt she would faint. But she didn't.
Abigail drew a deep breath. She thought of the warm blankets, and shivered in the cold air. A blanket would be heaven.

message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments Kate showed the girls to the stairs that led below deck, "There's a room on each side, so two of you are going to have to share, there are extra blankets and pillows under the beds, me and Buddy are going to stay up here and take us back out, we'll be safer with a little distance between us and the coast."

message 25: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail looked around. The rooms were small, but enough. The blankets looked thin, the beds rock hard. Abigail sighed. She had expected comfortable, cosy beds and thick, warm blankets. But this was the end of the world . You never got what you wanted.
Abigail looked to Arianna. "I'll stay with you, if you want," she offered, struggling to smile.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Maybe the boogeyman." she muttered and followed them onto the boat. "Wonderful. You are going to set up a watch, aren't you? After all, you never know what's in the dark." she mocked.

message 27: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments Kate went back above deck with Buddy, untied the boat from the dock, and unfurled the sail pointing the small ship south along the coast. "I'm starting to think going to shore was big mistake." she told her dog as he curled up beside her and laid his head in her lap. She scratched his head, "Maybe they'll be in a better mood tomorrow."

message 28: by georgiabread (new)

Abigail drew a deep breath, curling up in the blankets, shivering and wishing she was in her own bed, with her parents down stairs sitting by the fire, and her siblings in the next rooms, fast asleep.
Abigail squeezed her eyes shut, willing herself to see her old bedroom when she opened them again. But all she saw was the darkness of the cabin around her, swaying on the ocean surface. She closed her eyes again, this time to sleep. Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow she'd wake up in her bed, leaving this behind as a nightmare...

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex ran through the woods with an arrow in notched in her bow. Her hair in a pony tail flying behind her, barely making a noise. Her combat boots only hitting places with dirt in them, or logs that weren't hollow. Her black backpack with her quiver attached to it climbed to her back. She sidestepped wrong and fell. She was able to catch herself, but the kind in her pocket fell out and cut her forearm. She had made a lot of noise hitting the ground, the backpack WAS heavy, "Schist." she muttered to herself. She moved herself to lean against a tree and opened her back pack up. She searched through it looking for bandages.

message 30: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments When the sun finally rose Kate had put the sailboat in the current heading south and was following the coast. She had retrieved a couple of the fishing poles from one of the compartments on deck, and had cast a line behind the boat. "I wonder how long they plan on sleeping?" she asked Buddy who followed her around.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

(Schist...haha)
Emae woke up first and threw her blankets off. Even when sh slept, she didn't take a single weapon off. She trusted no one and that was final. She walked up the steps and sat on a stool. "If I told you I had lots of food hidden somewhere, would you believe me?" she asked, not even looking at her. He gaze was stuck to the sunrise.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) (THANK YOOOU HEROES OF OLYMPUS XD)

Hex eventually found the bandages an started rapping them around her arm. She had already lost some blood and was feeling a little dizzy. She had a perfect view of the sunrise as she wrapped, occasionally bumping into something with her arm.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

(Schist, a big pile of schist. I actually have a small schist necklace. I was so surprised when I read that...)

Forgetting the question she just asked she heard rustling in the woods. Too big to be animal. "Stay here a second." she told the other girl. She jumped off the boat, a dagger already in hand already. The black blade glinted from the light. She slipped silently into the forest, and hid behind a tree, blade ready.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex tied off the bandage with her teeth and put the roll back in he backpack. She took out the small remains of a granola bar and took a small bite. She stood up and silently moved through the woods, where she could smell salt water.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Seeing something in hr peripheral vision, Emae swiftly pivots out from behind the tree. She holds her dagger up, ready to stab or slash at anything or one.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex pull a out her dagger when she hears the noise and turns towards the girl, waiting for her to attack she runs plans through her head if she were ever attacked.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) ((REMIND ME OVERMORROW AND ILL SING YOU A HAPPY B DAY SONG!!!=D))

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) ((have your girl or something go and find Cassy=D))

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

(OMG HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!!)
Emae is taken aback for a moment. It's a girl. Fine. That works too. Emae unfreezes and quickly sheaths her dagger, already mid-leap. She tackles the girl.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex dodged to the right and brought the girl up to wear she was facing the same way as her. She She held the dagger up to her neck as a reflex even though she knew she couldn't kill her, since she sheathed her dagger, she still decided to tell her that she was willing "Now leave me alone and go." she let her go and quickly climbed. tree with her stuff before she could get her, Her muddy combat boots slipping on the tree limbs.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) ((Tell your best friend that some random chick on the internet says happy b day!))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

(ooh! ooh! me too! tell hr i said Happy Birthday too! Except tell her I'm a murderer! >:D)
Emae composes herself and wipes a hand on her neck. Sh*t. "Sure. Run away, bet your dad would be so proud of you." she taunted and unsheathed her dagger. The sun was starting to leak through the trees now.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex hung upside down not smiling "That really isn't funny. Not funny at all. Not nice to pounce on people you don know either."

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) "if ya want me to kill you just give me the word and your dead instantly." she did know how to instantly kill someone. No gore, no blood, no mess.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Emae laughed. "Ha! And you think I couldn't kill you. I'm not a weak little pretty face." that was her weak spot. She wasn't just a pretty face. She hoped. She was a good fighter. She was a street fighter before the comet.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) Hex raised an eyebrow "I never said I underestimated you. But last time someone thought all I had going for me was smarts ended up getting his neck snapped." she remembered that guy, he said he would give her twenty dollars if she killed him. She refused. He picked at her calling her weak and slow. Then he called her dumb and she took the twenty dollars and snapped his neck with her bare hands.

message 49: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Blake | 29 comments Kate turned to Abigal and Arriana, "I think that other chick might be crazy. Who votes we sail off and leave her behind?" Kate sat there with her hand raised waiting to see how to the other two grils felt.

▂▃▅▇█۩✡۩̮✾ԲคՆՆ૯Ո คՈ૭૯Ն✾۩✡۩█▇▅▃▂ (-percabethforever-) ((ARRIANA!?!?!? MY REAL NAM IS SPELLED ARIANNA XD))

« previous 1 3