What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Angry Moon
This topic is about The Angry Moon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > story of indian brother and sister helped by raven [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

In the late 60's or early 70's my grandmother had a book about an indian brother and sister (SE Alaskan, maybe) who... accidentally let something out of a box? the sister was taken captive by the moon? and the brother had to rescue her by making a ladder of arrows... they had gifts to help them: a magic rock, an arrow, other things I can't remember. The moon rolled after them and tried to crush them. It rolled into the water. (lake? ocean?) I so wish I could find this book. I loved it as a child and bits and pieces haunt me now.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
A book of Native American mythology perhaps? Do you remember anything about the cover? What about the setting--was it traditional or modern? Any pictures? Was it a picture book or a chapter book? Big, small, thick, thin?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh Lisa!!! Oh yes, yes yes!!! I recognize the artwork!! Oh thank you so very much ^_^ What a wonderful feeling to see it again, I can't even tell you. Now I can read it to my granddaughter, and remember my grandmother, who was wonderful enough to always have so many books for us <3 <3 <3
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments You're welcome. : )

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Not that I'll be able to obtain a copy - looks like they're over $150 on Amazon, hahaha...
What are people THINKING? Oh well. Maybe I'll stumble across one at a thrift store someday. It could happen! ^_^

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
On abebooks.com there is a copy right now for $15.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for that - looked at the site - those are MUCH more reasonably priced =)