The Writer's Cafe discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Welcome to the Writer's Cafe! I'm Ariane, or Sparrow (long story), and I started this group so pro writers and new writers and everything in between could join together and make new friends! It doesn't matter if you've never written before, we don't care! You'll get better! A small orientation to the Writers Cafe...

You're meant to have come to this thread when you first join. Folders are the headings above this that said "Come here if you're new!" and this post right now is called a thread. If you're on the Writer's Cafe homepage, and you scroll down, there will be loads of folders saying "Fantasy" and "Romance" and stuff. All the threads inside there are a different story. If you have a genre that I have forgotten, please message me, and I will create it if I approve.
If you want to create a new story: Just say you want to write a sci-fi... Go to the sci-fi folder, create a thread with your story name as the thread name, and then your first post should be a summary of your story. Then you can post it in chapters or parts.
If you want to just chat or make some new friends, go to the "Random" folder and find the "Chat" or other threads.

Okay dokey, that's about all! And if you have any queries or just want to talk to someone, message me! I don't bite! :)

Sparrow xx

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya | 7 comments Mod
awesome, thanks for this group Arnold (another long story for those reading this)!

message 3: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Hehe you're welcome, dearest (yet another long story) I'm looking for moderators, would you like to be one?

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Smith Writes Looking forward to some book & writing chat!

message 5: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Theresa wrote: "Looking forward to some book & writing chat!"

Great! You've come to the right place! We're just getting up and running, but everything should be going smoothly soon! :)

message 6: by Mona (new)

Mona (momowords) Hey! ;) I just saw your group ;) looks great! Is great! Now I can tell my friends: "Guess what? I'm part of the Writer's Cafe" ;)

message 7: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Mona wrote: "Hey! ;) I just saw your group ;) looks great! Is great! Now I can tell my friends: "Guess what? I'm part of the Writer's Cafe" ;)"

Hehe, glad to have you :D

message 8: by Maya (new)

Maya | 7 comments Mod
yup, moderator will be fine Ariane. :)

message 9: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Maya wrote: "yup, moderator will be fine Ariane. :)"

Great! I'll set it up when my computer stops munting.

message 10: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Hey Ariane it's Soph here, can I be a moderator????
( looks hopful) Please my mntbcket? (anotherloooong story)

message 11: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Sophia wrote: "Hey Ariane it's Soph here, can I be a moderator????
( looks hopful) Please my mntbcket? (anotherloooong story)"

Of course, ma chere! I shall make you BOTH moderators. If anyone else who's reading this wants to be amoderator, just let me know. :) A Moderator makes sure everyone is following the rules and is kinda like a policeman. Or woman, in this case.

message 12: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)

message 13: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 30 comments Hello! I'm GAB and I can't wait to start writing!!!!!

message 14: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) GAB wrote: "Hello! I'm GAB and I can't wait to start writing!!!!!"

That's great, GAB! Have a good time here ;)

message 15: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)
no? fine then. Ill just go die in a hole.

message 16: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)
no? fine then. Ill just go die in a hole."

Oh sweetheart

message 17: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)

Mona G is

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)"

I am!!

message 19: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)

Oh sweetheart"

McKenna wrote: "Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)"

I am!!"

Soph, you've found a fellow Whovian!

message 20: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Nov 25, 2013 04:51PM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) McKenna wrote: "Sophia wrote: "YOWZAH!!!! (is anyone else a whovian in this group?)"

I am!!"

HAHA!!!! I FEEL LOVED!!!! I am not alone.
my timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly friend!
Annnnnd, judging by your name you are a Sherlock fan as well? Benedict Cumberbatch perhaps??

message 21: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) HI KATE!!!! you is here! (bad grammar intended)

message 22: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherina! Ekatera! Katie! McGreenaway! Katalia! Kareesha! Greetings! <3

message 23: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Catherine wrote: "Ariane *Daughter of Athena* wrote: "Catherina! Ekatera! Katie! McGreenaway! Katalia! Kareesha! Greetings!

Please stop dat! :( Anyhoo, am I able to join anything??? Or shall I just flail in a pit ..."

... Join what...?

message 24: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) K

message 25: by Dave (new)

Dave Borders | 24 comments Trying to find my way around here a bit. New and all. Is it bad form to post an entire story in one chunk? Is it preferred chapter by chapter? I write humorous stories for the most part, and have written 3 with the same heroine. The stories are parodies of Sue Grafton's alphabet novels combined with my life working in retail.

message 26: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Henrichsen | 4 comments Hi, I'm Rusty and just self pubbed my first novel. Looking forward to meeting you all!

message 27: by Dave (new)

Dave Borders | 24 comments Right on! Does that mean that you had an actual book made?

message 28: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Henrichsen | 4 comments I've got the ebook on amazon and the paperback is coming soon! Can't wait to lay hands on that.

message 29: by Dave (new)

Dave Borders | 24 comments That is sweet! Congrats!

message 30: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Wilson | 1 comments Hi All

Just joined probably because I am looking for advice/help/opinion. I have recently published my first novel and am lucky enough for it to have got Amazon Best seller status. The problem is I only completed the book to satisfy a personal ambition, then I got it published, and now I'm thinking 'what if'?! so I am tentatively exploring other possibilities and seeking to learn from people that have followed this same path. Best of luck to you ALL!

message 31: by Dana (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Dave wrote: "Trying to find my way around here a bit. New and all. Is it bad form to post an entire story in one chunk? Is it preferred chapter by chapter? I write humorous stories for the most part, and have w..."

There's a decent chance that you won't be able to fit an entire story in a single post, as the system has a per-post character limit - so most people go by chapter by chapter, or whatever other division fits best.

message 32: by Dave (new)

Dave Borders | 24 comments I am having trouble finding the create a thread button. I was going to post a chapter in the General Fiction section.

message 33: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Henrichsen | 4 comments Dave wrote: "I am having trouble finding the create a thread button. I was going to post a chapter in the General Fiction section."

Go to General Fiction, then look for "new topic" toward the upper right hand corner in green.

message 34: by Dave (new)

Dave Borders | 24 comments I found the teeny tiny button! Yes! Thanks. Is there are different button for submitting stories or are they submitted as comments?

message 35: by Rusty (new)

Rusty Henrichsen | 4 comments I would think for a story, you would want it as a topic rather than a comment.

message 36: by Dana (new)

Dana Smythe | 273 comments Mod
Rusty wrote: "I would think for a story, you would want it as a topic rather than a comment."

You start a topic for your story, but the actual content of that story is, yes, posted in the "comment" box. : )

message 37: by Janosch (new)

Janosch | 22 comments Welcome everybody! Wow! The group grows so fast it is hard to keep up with who has joined! :D Awesome!

Have fun!

message 38: by ✿ αzzι ✿ (new)

✿ αzzι ✿ (azziplz) Hiiiiiiii!

message 39: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) heeeey

message 40: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Hi :)

message 41: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Lets stop it withe Hi's already! Put something constructive on here. :{)

message 42: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) well I suppose that is acceptable...

message 43: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Mah

message 44: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 30 comments Could a few people plz check out my story in fantasy? Please critique :)

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) I'm new to the whole writing novels thing, but that's why I am here. To try to get advice on how to do better. Hello fellow imagineers :)

message 46: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Greetings fellow imagineer! I am sure you will find lots of good editors here. Not me personally as I am not the most experienced but... Others. * feels mysterious *

message 47: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (last edited Dec 29, 2013 10:48PM) (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) ATTENTION ALL WRITERS CAFE MEMBERS
( especially Ariane)
WE HAVE CRACKED 100 members!!!!!!!
I think that there is cause for celebration in this so soon I shall start up a pointless virtual party thread if that's okay. Please join us.
We have probably had more than 100 for a while now but thanks to my wonderful observational skills, it's a tad belated. Heh.

message 48: by Julie (new)

Julie Brocket (kiwij64) | 2 comments Hi, I'm also new to writing having completed a few creative writing courses which I really enjoyed so much so that I decided to try and write something larger than a short story. I'm looking for support and advice but mostly to meet like minded people who not only write but love to read and could recommend some good books. I'm a prolific reader so I could always use a few new titles! So hello and look forward to meeting you all :-)

Elizabeth *Book Lover* | 7 comments Hi, I'm Elizabeth. I've always loved writing, but lately I've been focusing on how to write properly, if that makes sense.

message 50: by sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (new)

sᴏᴘʜ|☂ (nowoffish) Hey to all newbies!!

« previous 1