What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED - Fantasy (Romance?) With One-Armed Male and Runaway Girl [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 19 comments When I was in middle school, I remember picking this book up in the library and reading the first chapter, but never getting a chance to check it out. I've never figured out what the book was actually called, and I would be eternally grateful if someone could help me find it again!

What I remember:
1. Published around 2005; I remember that I ended up checking out the book next to it (Dead Beat by Jim Butcher :) )on the new releases shelf.
2. Some sort of fantasy setting, might be medieval-ish?
3. Main character was a girl who might have been running away from home because she was pregnant. I'm not confident on this plot point though.
4. She comes across a soldier/mercenary with one arm, I think he might have had some sort of metallic prosthetic arm replacement.
5. I think the book had strong romance elements, the mercenary might have saved her or something like that and they end up traveling together?

Sorry, that was about as much as I remember. Any ideas?

message 2: by Arielle Rae (last edited Nov 19, 2013 07:48PM) (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 127 comments I think it's Beguilement, the first in The Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold
It is VERY similar to what you described
It's an amazing series, hope you have fun reading this if I am right! (even if I am wrong, you should still read this, it's the best)

message 3: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 19 comments Arielle Rae wrote: "I think it's Beguilement, the first in The Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold
It sounds very similar to what you described
It's an amazing series, hope you have fun reading t..."

Wow, that's was super fast! It's this book for sure, I even recognize the cover. I'll check it out, thanks so so much!

message 4: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 127 comments Glad to help! It's a great series, I can't recommend it enough :D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beguilement (other topics)