YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
This topic is about Greed
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Greed by Fisher Amelie, Start Date: November 21st 2013

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.

My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

Jenny and I will read this second book of The Seven Deadly series tomorrow, November 21st. Everyone welcome to join us.

Jenn | 467 comments Thanks :) excited too start this!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Same here, I love Vain and can't wait to read about Spencer seems he's so nice in Vain.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm starting it now :)

message 5: by Rachmi (last edited Nov 20, 2013 05:09PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter one: (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

Jenn | 467 comments Chapter 5 ---> true, probably more should've come of that.

Chapter 7 ----> (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 ish ---> just love how (view spoiler) And i just met Cricket. :D

Jenn | 467 comments Actually these are chapter 13 spoilers ---> (view spoiler)

message 9: by Rachmi (last edited Nov 20, 2013 08:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Same here, I love the way (view spoiler)

I'm in the middle of chapter 15 now and yes, I've met Cricket. I have the same thought with Spencer. I thought (view spoiler). I guess it's a good move the author didn't mention who Spencer love interest is in the blurb.

I also wondering (view spoiler).

Rachmi  | 4945 comments End of chapter 17: apparenly (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments End of chapter 19:(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 21: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments I am just to the start of Chapter 21 now.
And I actually like Ethan. (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I like August too and kinda wish he has his own book :)

But for this story, I don't know I can say I like it because I don't quite like it, though it isn't bad either. (view spoiler).

message 15: by Rachmi (last edited Nov 21, 2013 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments End of chapter 25: (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments End of chapter 32: You were right, Jenna (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I finished it! unfortunately it was't my cup of tea :(

message 18: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments Hey...I'm about 60% through with this. I'll catch up soon...then we can chat bout it.

message 19: by Rachmi (last edited Nov 22, 2013 12:30AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Don't worry Jenna, just take your time. How you liking it so far?

I'm reading another book now and wondering would you buddy read Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2) by Tammy Falkner ?

message 20: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments Uh....yes!! I'd love to buddy read that!

message 21: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments And I am enjoying Greed. Not as much as Vain. But still a lot. Sorry it wasnt your cup pf tea.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yeah...I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it :( My other friend who just finished it love it and gave it 4 stars. I still want to read Ethan story, though. Hope I will like it.

When do you want to read Sexy, Smart, Secritive? I'm fully booked next week so I can do it on December.

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments Sure, we can start this in December! Maybe the first or second,..still working on Greed. I got sidetracked yesterday.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I thought you have already finished Greed?

December 1st or 2nd would be great, I'll make the thread later. Thanks for willing buddy read it with me :)

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments Just finished it a few mins ago. I enjoyed the end. And I'm also curious bout Ethan's book.

message 26: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments And anytime, friend!. Buddy reads are great :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Ah.....I can't wait for Ethan story either. Did you see the cover (I think it hasn't the final cover) of Fury at the end of the book? I like the model on the cover, I think he suits for Ethan :)

message 28: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 467 comments I did see it! And I agree :) It looks like a great fit :D. The author released a teaser for Fury. but I've not read it yet.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I even didn't know there is a teaser for Fury :) But I try to avoid teaser or ARC review or anything else before I read the book. It often makes me wanting more or spoil my reading.