Making Connections discussion

Bombay Bhel
This topic is about Bombay Bhel
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 1857. BOMBAY BHEL by Ken Doyle

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jan 11, 2014 10:25AM) (new)

Sheri | 6200 comments Mod
Bombay Bhel by Ken Doyle Ken Doyle
Genre: Literary fiction (short story collection)
Page Count: 188

Book Description:
A schoolboy's loyalty to a street vendor is tested when the vendor disappears without notice. A grandmother prepares to begin a new chapter in her life. Bombay's tangled web of bureaucracy threatens the livelihood of an ex-serviceman.

Like the city's ubiquitous snack food, Bombay Bhel blends a variety of ingredients to serve up glimpses of life among the Goan and Anglo-Indian communities--minorities in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities. The interlinked stories are set in the late twentieth century, before a wave of anticolonialism crested across India and resulted in the city's rechristening. Each story in this debut collection offers a taste of the rhythm and verve of Bombay life.

Original Making Connections thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Be one of the first 5 to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to read and review! Please post your reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble if applicable.

Formats available: Mobi, PDF, ePub

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks of receiving your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your name, email address, and format

Reviewers:
1. Tony
2. K.
3. Alex

message 2: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (kendoyle) | 24 comments PDF sent to Tony. Thanks!

message 3: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. Kotun (kkotun) | 6 comments Hello, I'd like to review this book 1857 Bombay Bhel... Pls send in PDF; k_kotun@hotmail.com. Thanks K.

message 4: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (kendoyle) | 24 comments PDF sent to K. Thanks!

message 5: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (kendoyle) | 24 comments I'm still looking for 3 more reviewers, if anyone's interested. Thanks!

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex Johnston (alexjohnston) | 4 comments Hi Ken,

Not sure how appropriate it is for fellow writers to volunteer to review, but I'd actually spotted the book through your Absolute Write profile the other day (and I actually ended up here thanks to your recommendation there). Literary fiction with an India connection is right up my street, so if your happy, I'd love to review the book.

alex-johnston@outlook.com PDF

message 8: by Ken (new) - added it

Ken (kendoyle) | 24 comments PDF sent to Alex. Thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bombay Bhel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ken Doyle (other topics)