Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead → Start Date: November 23, 2013

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Join Courtney and I as we read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead! :)

message 2: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Oooohh, I want to join. This book has been on my shelf for a year probably.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too haha. Glad you can join :D

message 4: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 12146 comments It's great!

message 5: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments So, how do you guys normally do the buddy reads? Do you have a set # of chapters that need to be read daily or anything?

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 12146 comments Yeah that's how I do it. But some people choose to read at their own pace and just discuss.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah that's normally how I do it too.

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 12146 comments I just use schedules so I can manage what I'm reading.

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 615 comments I need to read this book for a challenge, so I guess I'll join. :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay glad you can join Jordan :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going to start this tonight just to get a little ahead.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments ok i might too.

message 13: by Joi (new)

Joi | 989 comments Can I join in.? This boo has been sitting on my shelf .... for who knows how long.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments ya the more the merrier.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! Glad you can join us Joi!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone started yet? :)

message 17: by Joi (new)

Joi | 989 comments I plan on starting after I finish this book. I have like ten pages left.

Is there a set number of pages or chapters that we need to read today?

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 23, 2013 03:08PM) (new)

Well depending on how fast people plan on reading. Since there are 332 pages, I am aiming to read 100 per day. Depending on your pace of reading, you can choose to read more or less, and then we will discuss what we have read at the end of the day.

message 19: by Joi (new)

Joi | 989 comments okay. cool.

message 20: by Joi (new)

Joi | 989 comments okay. cool.

message 21: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments So, hiw is the reading going for everyone? I've noticed that noone has commented on this book yet.

So far, I like the story. I am intrigued by Dimitri. I actually want to know more about him. Lissa seems like a very sweet girl. She's very dependent of Rose. Rose seems like she's a softie portraying to be a badass. I wonder if she's hiding something. Mase seems like a cool guy. Too bas the girl he likes doesn't dig him.

message 22: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 69 comments I want to re-read this book. I usually don't re-read things that arnt harry potter or a wrinkle in time.

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments I really like this book, i want know what happens with Rose and Dimitri further in the story.

message 24: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Yes. I agree. I have yet to read the second book, do you want to do a buddy read for it?

message 25: by Courtney (last edited Jan 08, 2014 05:11PM) (new)

Courtney | 241 comments sure, when do you want to start

just finished, can't wait to finish the rest of the series

message 26: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Well, my schedule is actually full of buddy reads right now. My next available date is March 17 for a buddy read. If you don't want to wait, I totally understand. No worries. It was good so I totally get that you want to continue! :0)

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments i can wait tell march, i have tons of other books to read

message 28: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Ok. So, March 17 sound good to you??

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments ya the 17 works

message 30: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Meadows (smeadows1984) | 310 comments Do you want to create the thread?