What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
This topic is about If You Stay
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Beach Artist falls for guy she saves at night summer 2012 or earlier [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 4 comments Book begins with a guy in his car drinking and doing drugs, very high while getting a favor from a female. He passes out and the girl freaks and starts screaming the main character then shows up to help, he starts vomiting and gagging and the girl giving the favor leaves when she hears sirens. Beach Artist girl basically saves him. I think she goes to the hospital later to check on him and he starts feeling something for her because normally people don't care. Later. He says he's not a drug addict. He visits her a lot at her artsy shop an takes her to lunch some. He has a house on the beach which he invites her out to so she can paint. She goes there one day but sees something very disturbing, freaks, and leaves, but not before being seen.
Something big happens to the female favor giver, near his beach home later in the book. She also is a serious addict.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Kelli do you remember the ending or anything about the cover? When did you get this book? Where did you get it from--library, bookstore, grocers? Did you get the feeling that it was by a "big name" author? Was it a romance or a thriller or mystery?

If you are worried about spoilers, you can put them into a thread and "hide" them from general view, so that it takes actually clicking on a specific link to get them to show up. To do this, type <*spoiler*> the body of the spoiler <*/spoiler*> but remove the * and just have the word spoiler in the center. But it DOES require those < and > at the start and finish. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments maybe like a danielle steele - vaguely remember one with a similar theme

Nicky (niickkyyy) | 5 comments I think this is If You Stay by Courtney Cole :)

message 5: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 4 comments Ann- it was and ebook. New author. Romance. There was a HEA. I can not remember the cover. I'm going to check on If You Stay. Thanks guys

message 6: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 4 comments OMG Nicky. You. Are. Awesome!!! That is totally it. I have searched through my books for 3 days and finally resulted to ask for help & bam, you nailed it. Thanks so much!

message 7: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 4 comments SOLVED!!!