What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Young Adult, Fantasy. Master of time (?) A witch begins a slow corruption in a kingdom, making the people turn against their crown and cause civil war

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Hopwood | 4 comments I've been searching for this book for years! I can't remember the title or author, so I'm at a lose.

The story line is: A witch begins a slow corruption in a kingdom, making the people turn against their crown and cause civil war. This leads to a neighboring kingdom to take a chance of conquring it while its weak.
A princess (with gilden/golden skin) must take it upon herself to seek out the Master of Time, so she can turn back time enough to stop the witch and her gypsies from ever entering the kingdom. She uses a well in the castle courtyard to escape. This leads to a quest to the top of the world(?) where a stone dragon guards these Gems/stones of power. On the way, she is joined by the slave of her enemy, a boy of her age whose tongue has been ripped out by the witch a long time ago. In the end, she must find a way to save both her kingdom, and her accomplice.

I hope thats enough info. It's been driving me crazy now being able to find it!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
How long a time is "years!"? 2 years? 5? 10? 50? Where did you find the book? Library, book store, grocers? Was it classified as YA or just as juvenile?

message 3: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Hopwood | 4 comments I found in my old High school library a long long time (over 10years!) ago. I tried going back to find it, but the new librarian doesn't know me and won't let me rummage :(

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Are any of your old teachers still there? If so, get one of them to vouch for you Rachael.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Rachael, are you still looking for this?

message 6: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Hopwood | 4 comments Yes. It's exhausting. I can't find it anywhere. :(

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Well take a break every now and then. Refresh yourself with snacks and beverages.

message 8: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Hopwood | 4 comments Bump!

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 241 comments I don't know about any of these books but searching for various key words that you mentioned keeps bringing up this series. Maybe it's one of these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments There is the Master of Time series maybe? The Initiate

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now, Rachael?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Initiate (other topics)