YA Addicts discussion

Books > Giving Up

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
When do you know that it is time to give up on reading a book? Is enough ever enough?

Or do you feel as if you must finish every book you start?

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Timberlake (rebeccatimberlake) | 1 comments It takes a lot for me to give up on a book, and really, I can't think of one off the top of my head that I did quit. I feel like I at least owe it to the author to read it all the way through before I can give an honest opinion on it. And sometimes I find that I can hate a book all the way to the halfway point, but then in the end I don't think it was as bad as I originally thought.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi | 137 comments Mod
I just gave up on Cinder; that's why I asked.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I give up on a book if its boring...or maybe inappropriate...or maybe its not well written. I don't usually waste my time boring myself XD

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (Poffium) | 14 comments I'll give up on a book if its boring or pisses me off (for instance if the book seems racist, sexist, etc. I've only had like one book be like this though)

message 6: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 25 comments I quit mockingjay and thats really the only book I quit...Ive dropped series though, like Delirium and Heroes of Olympus.

message 7: by Elysha (new)

Elysha | 73 comments i try to finish every book i start, but some books are just so horribly written or inappropriate i can't bring myself to. the most recent are secrets (totally inappropriate) and i am number four (horrible, just horrible)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 304 comments Mod
I'm giving up on Dark Wine. If there ever comes a time I can bring myself to finish it, then I will. I just am not into it.

message 9: by Basma (new)

Basma | 87 comments I have only left one book unfinished which was Pretties otherwise I physically can't give up on a book :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally understand the Pretties thing... It was a bit of a let down after Uglies but I'm planning on giving it another shot :-)

message 11: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 6 comments I will give a book about 100 pages, if it feels like homework for me then I am done. If I have to force myself to finish, then I really don't want to finish. On that note, if I do not finish a book then I do not rate that book. I don't feel like that is fair to the author. Now, as for series, if i get 2 books into a series I will try to finish it.

message 12: by Aisling (new)

Aisling | 2 comments the graveyard book, I understand that some people really love this book but it's just to confusing, and boring for me.