Last Chance Book Club discussion

Introductions > New Members

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Nov 19, 2013 12:51PM) (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Welcome! Thanks for joining Last Chance Book Club! I hope you will enjoy your time here.

My name is Ashley, and I'm the moderator. I fell in love with Hope's Last Chance series and was hoping to find others who felt the same so we could discuss it together. I couldn't believe when I tried to find a group for her on here that there wasn't one already. So, I decided to create one myself.

If you haven't already, take a minute to tell us about yourself here in the Introductions thread. I think it will be a lot of fun getting to know all the wonderful people who join. Let us know a little something about yourself.

Invite your friends. The more members we have, the better our discussions will be!

message 2: by Belinda (last edited Nov 19, 2013 01:38PM) (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Ashley wrote: "Welcome! Thanks for joining Last Chance Book Club! I hope you will enjoy your time here.

My name is Ashley, and I'm the moderator. I fell in love with Hope's Last Chance series and was hoping to ..."

Thanks for the invite Ashley, as you know I'm a big time Hope Ramsay fan, love her books and her.
I just discovered The Last Chance series this year and have read them all since I fell
in love with the folks of Last Chance.
Hope to see more people join and discuss Hope's books.
I think everyone will find Hope and the Last Chance series fun and delightful!

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope Ramsay (goodreadscomhoperamsay) | 2 comments I'm here waving. Thanks again for setting this up. I'm going to be quiet in this group so y'all can talk to each other and I'll see you over at the Facebook group. :)

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 5 comments Thanks Ashley for setting this up. I love the Last Chance series too. I still need to get a copy of the latest book. I love reading about small towns. They always seem so friendly. My name is Gail and I have a wonderful husband Dennis who is a mail carrier. We have 4 children and 5 grandchildren. I babysit 3 of the five grandchildren. Now that they are all in school full time I have more free time. This will be fun talking about the books and hopefully help me remember more of the stuff I have forgotten about the books. LOL

message 5: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Gail, I was hoping you would win a copy on Facebook yesterday, hey I tried winning a second one with you in mind, sorry didn't happen.
Glad to see you joined up here!

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Dombrowski | 1 comments I just want to quickly say hello to everyone! I discoverd Hope Ramsey earlier this year and have read all the Last Chance Books! Love them!

I'm from southeastern Wisconsin, so I'm a midwest girl. I love reading, especially about small towns :)

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 5 comments Belinda wrote: "Gail, I was hoping you would win a copy on Facebook yesterday, hey I tried winning a second one with you in mind, sorry didn't happen.
Glad to see you joined up here!"

Thanks Belinda that was nice of you. I can remember reading about the stuff but when it came to answering the questions my mind went blank. I did pick up a copy of the book today when I was at Target. So I will be reading it as soon as I finish the book I am reading now. Have a great day!

message 8: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 5 comments Welcome Belinda and Margaret.

message 9: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Gail wrote: "Belinda wrote: "Gail, I was hoping you would win a copy on Facebook yesterday, hey I tried winning a second one with you in mind, sorry didn't happen.
Glad to see you joined up here!"
Thanks Belind..."

Good I'm so glad, I know you will enjoy it...happy reading!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Welcome ladies! I look forward to getting to know you better and discussing our love of Last Chance together.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments Just wanted to say hello. Cannot wait to discuss Last Chance.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Welcome Lisa!

message 13: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Thanks again for starting this group! I love Hope's books, and also have not gotten to Last Chance Knit & Stitch. I am a married mother of 2 (21 & 14). I live on LI, NY. I love contemporary romance, especially small town romance, and also am a big fan of historical romance. I work 3 part time jobs, so there is never enough time to read, but I usually get through 2-3 books per week.

message 14: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettyanndersen) | 1 comments Hey everyone, my name is Betty Andersen. I am really looking forward to the group. I hope to get to know all of you. Sharlene we sound the closes. I have older kids 29+ & a 16 yr. I love to read. I am disabled & retired @56. I am from a small town in Missouri, that is what drew me to Hope Ramsay first book. I have loved them every since. I live in Florida now & it is hot. I don't know what else but just hope we all become good friends in this group thanks to Ashly for starting.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Welcome Sharlene and Betty! I look forward to getting to know you both better. Hope you enjoy the group!

message 16: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Hello everyone, some of you know me from Facebook but those that don't I'm a Mama & a Nana and so proud of my babies, which they aren't anymore, they are 18, 15 & 11. I love to read I feel almost naked if I don't have a book in hand...lol
I discovered Hope's Last Chance series just this year & have read them all. Love her style of writing with that small home town feel because I'm from a small town in GA and I've been married for 41 yrs.
I think I started reading even more after we lost our youngest son in 1993 from injuries in a car accident, he was almost 19 and had just graduated the year before. I'm sorry didn't mean to go on & on but it just happens some times. I didn't mean to leave out my oldest son & baby daughter which are still close to me which I'm grateful.
Anyway that's me and glad to meet you all!!

message 17: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 5 comments Welcome everyone...So glad to meet you...

message 18: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 106 comments Belinda, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful that is. Reading definitely helps takes you away from your troubles for awhile.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) So sorry for your loss Belinda. I can't imagine the feeling of losing a child.

message 20: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Thank you Sharlene & Ashely, I appreciate your kindness. It's been 20 years but it seems like yesterday sometimes, the hurt never leaves but I do have my memories.

message 21: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 5 comments Belinda that has to have been hard to lose a child..prayers and hugs to you.

message 22: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Joyner | 48 comments Gail wrote: "Belinda that has to have been hard to lose a child..prayers and hugs to you."

Thank you Gail!