Avatar: The Spirits Rebirth discussion

Applications > Rare Benders

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (last edited Dec 03, 2013 03:17PM) (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 217 comments Mod
Here you can apply to have a rare bending ability being born into the gift as a bender with only that power and the powers around it. (e.g.) Plantbenders are not water benders they are now their own classification of bender...

Bending Types: (Those marked with ** are extremely rare, so be ready to give some real hard core application performance for those.)

Earth Kingdom Bending:
◘Sandbending-Found in natives of the Si Wong Desert
◘Plantbending-Known mostly in Indigenous people to the Foggy Swamp

Fire Nation Bending:
◘Lavabending/Magmabending-Found in beings living close to Crescent Island.
◘Electricitybending/Lighteningbending/Electric Generation-Known to be in Families of great spirituality.
**◘Lightbending-Pureblood Firebending families will yield a Lightbender if the family remained strong and spiritual.

Air Nation Bending: (Specifically only found in the Eastern Lands of the Air Nomads no longer occupied.)
**◘Shadowbending-Known to exist around those who hold a darkened spirituality. Having started with the grandson of Avatar Korra who can't be much older than today's Avatar.

Southern Water Tribe Bending:
**Reaping-Only known to exist in one single being
**Healing-Known to be found in any spiritual Waterbending family.

Northern Water Tribe Bending:
Healing-Known to be found in any spiritual Waterbending family.
**Bloodbending-Existing not only in the Northern Water Tribe, but most have hidden away here where they will be strongest as the moon reflects most upon this kingdom. The do not gain their power form the moon so much as the moon does give them more power.

Each and everyone could be lurking within Republic City.

Note: This application is one most people will be easily approved for. So no sweat if you are wanting one of these characters. They are rare but it is so much easier to get one of these than the harder positions that hold far more importance to the group plot. As all of these characters are important to the group it is easy to feel left out at times, but this is an advanced rp so don't be afraid to go out on a limb and make yourself noticed. Getting noticed by your moDs can lead to us seeking ideas from you and can change the plotline so much more than one could think.

Bending Type you are Applying for:

Name:
What makes you want this skill so badly?

Give three original ideas that can be brought about with this ability and through your character:

Roleplay Example:(Use the character you had in mind for this bending style. No less than two paragrpahs and no more than five.)

message 2: by Jacob (new)

((Candice!! Really!!1 WTF I hate name changes ebcause I forget who people are...gosh why you gotta be so mean and torturing to my bleeding mind!!!???))

message 3: by Jacob (new)

◘ You hold a good idea, but I don't want people to be the strongest of their kind until they are like older and masters. She can't be the strongest until she is a master.

◘Second one seems interesting

◘The third is extremely awesome. I love both ideas the emotional state in a being based aorund the flow of blood is something to be easily detected by a blood bender.
Also love the idea of having flashes of the persons memories and very thoughts.

All in all she is approved, she can be a powerful child who shows greatness in her gift with bending, but it is still an illegal practice as well as the whole her being the msot pwoerful, this can't be realized until she is at least a teenager and a master of bloodbending.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) | 2 comments Name: Neva

I want bloodbending because I've always been drawn to the most powerful bending. At first it was earth because of metalbending, but when I saw bloodbending it showed power. The power to control someone like a puppeteer is amazing. Also, its the one bending that almost no one can fight against and it can not be weakened only strengthen.

Give three original ideas that can be brought about with this ability and through your character:

~Neva will be able to detect heart beats and be a human lie detector. With this comes some side effects like being a little a lot moody. Because her power will come from blood her mood will be effect like it as well. So anyone she’s next to she’ll be able to detect their emotions and her attitude will be the same as theirs.
~Fascinated by blood, a nasty habit of Neva’s is to cut herself. She wants to test the limits of her ability. Like how many can she bend at once? How long can she hold someone in her grip? Can she bend herself? If she puts her own blood on someone does it make her bending stronger on them? Oddly these are the type of things that run through Neva’s mind. So, she’ll be a little demented and curious.
~Despite how tough and cold Neva might seem for the outside on the inside she wants to be liked by people and understood. That’s hard for her because her whole life people have avoided her or been afraid of her. So its hard for her to connect with anyone and become friends. So her struggle to find a place to belong will be the point of her journey.

Roleplay Example:(Use the character you had in mind for this bending style. No less than two paragrpahs and no more than five.)

Neva didn’t know why in the world she was even considering helping the girl. She had seen her being dragged off by a gang of men. It wasn’t her business, everyone else was ignoring what was happening. Why couldn’t she? She stopped walking and breathed deeply. Blood and lots of it. Her hand twitched in anticipation, but she forced herself not to bend. At least not yet. She heard the girl scream and followed the noise.When Neva turned into the alley. The first thing she noticed was the girl was bender but not trained well at that by the way her fire continued to die out in her hands. Her captor however was a trained fire bender.
She frowned at the man, “Leave her alone.”
The man turned to Neva, “This isn’t your business, girl.” He turned back to the little girl and raised his hand which was holding a large flame.
Neva acted instantly. She raised her hands and stopped the man from releasing the flame at the cowering girl and turned him to face her, “I gave you a chance to stop.” she smiled cruelly.
The man stared at her in shock, he must have never seen a bloodbender before or experienced bloodbending, “What are you?” he gasped.
She heard a small scream, Neva turned to face the little girl and hated the look she was giving her. The look that said she thought Neva was a monster. But she wasn't one. Was she?

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris Harte (kristatic) | 2 comments Is she accepted?

message 6: by Jacob (new)

Kris wrote: "Name: Neva

I want bloodbending because I've always been drawn to the most powerful bending. At first it was earth because of metalbending, but whe..."

APPROVEd, well done you may create your charrie

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Evan Son Of Poseidon wrote: "Sorry about already posting the character didn't see this topic
Bending Type you are Applying for:
Shadow Bending
Name:
Angie

Truthfully the bendin..."

approved

message 8: by E (new)

E I am deleting my application.