Teens Interceding for Orphans (TIO) discussion

Book Club--Sign Up

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah Good | 96 comments Mod
Would you like to join like minded teens in reading books about orphans and then discussing them? If so, leave a comment. When 10 people have expressed interest, we'll start our first book Orphan Justice.

message 2: by TW (new)

TW (twwwwwwwwwright) | 25 comments I would like to do this, but I'm not quite sure where I would get the book, I doubt my library here will have them.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Tw wrote: "I would like to do this, but I'm not quite sure where I would get the book, I doubt my library here will have them."

You could ask your library to purchase it, Tw. Libraries are usually thrilled to get suggestions from patrons. If you did it soon it would probably come in before we reach 10 participants and get started.

message 4: by TW (new)

TW (twwwwwwwwwright) | 25 comments Leah wrote: "Tw wrote: "I would like to do this, but I'm not quite sure where I would get the book, I doubt my library here will have them."

You could ask your library to purchase it, Tw. Libraries are usually..."

Ok! :) thanks, Leah, I'll ask next time we're there. :) But it is very possible it might be a bit longer, since i live in Indonesia and everything can be moved to a different point instantaneously. :/

message 5: by Leah (new)

Tw wrote: "Ok! :) thanks, Leah, I'll ask next time we're there. :) But it is very possible it might be a bit longer, since i live in Indonesia and everything can be moved to a different point instantaneously. :/"

Oh, wow. Didn't realize that. That does complicate things a bit! Are you Indonesian or an MK or something else?

message 6: by TW (new)

TW (twwwwwwwwwright) | 25 comments Leah wrote: "Tw wrote: "Ok! :) thanks, Leah, I'll ask next time we're there. :) But it is very possible it might be a bit longer, since i live in Indonesia and everything can be moved to a different point insta..."

MK. :) It's ok, lots of people don't. ;)

message 7: by Leah (new)

Neat! What's your family's ministry?

message 8: by TW (new)

TW (twwwwwwwwwright) | 25 comments Leah wrote: "Neat! What's your family's ministry?"

My Dad is a mechanic for planes so they can take translators to the village. :)

message 9: by Leah (new)

That's awesome. :)

message 10: by TW (new)

TW (twwwwwwwwwright) | 25 comments Leah wrote: "That's awesome. :)"

Oh my word, I just thought of something far easier. XD I could just get it as an ebook if the library doesn't get it on time. Psph, why didn't I think of that at first?

message 11: by Leah (new)

XD Yeah, that would definitely work. That's how I got it. :)

message 12: by Gracie (new)

Gracie | 2 comments I would LOVE to be a part of this! I've read a few books on adoption, and I think it's awesome that this group has been invented :)The two books I have on here are adoption books that I want to read, that may work for this book club

Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan CareAdopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churchesalso looks interesting: Orphanology http://www.orphanologybook.com/index....

message 13: by Leah (new)

Glad to have you, Gracie! That makes three of us who are definitely interested in reading and discussing orphan care books together!

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (wordfitlyspoken) | 25 comments Whoops, I forgot this existed--I'm interested!

message 15: by Leah (new)

Yay! That makes four.

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Jones | 3 comments I'm interested!!!!

message 17: by Leah (new)

Taylor wrote: "I'm interested!!!!"

Five! :D We're growing fast.

message 18: by Bri (new)

Bri Lafon | 3 comments I'd love to join this group!

message 19: by Medomfo (new)

Medomfo | 3 comments I'd love to sign up!

message 20: by Leah (new)

Medomfo wrote: "I'd love to sign up!"

Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately, after starting a new job last year, I haven't had time to keep up the TIO blog or this group. :(

message 21: by Medomfo (new)

Medomfo | 3 comments I can help if you'd like!