Sophomore Virtual Book Groups discussion

Bullyville > Main Characters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So, what do you think about the main characters of your book? State his or her name and then describe. What was he/she like in the beginning? Have you started to notice any changes taking place? What have been some of the most interesting or major events he/she has been involved with?

message 2: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 4 comments The main character in the book is happy, lucky. The main character name is Bart Rangely. In the beginning of the book he is depressed because his dad moved out. I started to notice some changes in the characters he became brave he's going to a new school or this academy about bulling.but he doesn't know it yet. He was really lucky because he was and stayed home from school. So his mom stayed home from work. She works at the World Trade Center while she was home. Airplanes crashed into the two buildings on 9/11. Then found out his dad was killed in it. That was the most major event in the book.

message 3: by Gunnar (new)

Gunnar Applegate | 4 comments Bart gets a fever and has to stay home from school, so his mother takes a day off work to stay with him. But the day is September 11, 2001, and her office is in the North Tower of the World Trade Center. His father, estranged from his mother for the past six months, is killed. When the press gets wind of it, they make him Miracle Boy, whose illness saved his mother's life. Bart is offered a full scholarship at Baileywell Academy, which is also known as Bullyville.

message 4: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 4 comments I agree with what you said about the book. I think Bart is really lucky that he stayed home, and mom stayed home too. But the day was September 11, 2001. Then 9/11 happened an airplane crashed into the twin towers.

message 5: by Gunnar (new)

Gunnar Applegate | 4 comments I agree he is very lucky person