Read Scotland 2014 discussion

Ben Nevis: 13+ books > Col and the mountain!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Col (new)

Col (col2910) I'll be aiming high........Hugh Collins, Ian Rankin, Doug Johnstone, Gordon Ferris, James Oswald, Tony Black, Malcolm Mackay, Craig Russell, Douglas Lindsay, Val McDermid, Denise Mina, Christopher Brookmyre, Liam McIlvanney, William McIlvanney....plenty of choice!

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 237 comments And that's only one genre, Col!

message 3: by Col (new)

Col (col2910) Peggy wrote: "And that's only one genre, Col!"

I do like my crime fiction, Peggy,

message 4: by Col (new)

Col (col2910) First book read - John Buchan's The Thirty-Nine Steps. Review on here somewhere and a link to my blog.

http://col2910.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02...

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresa_rust) I loved The 39 Steps. I read that while living in Central Asia about 16 years ago. My husband and son also really enjoyed it. Now, you need to watch the movie adaptations. :)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 76 comments ive seen the alfred hitchcock version with robert donat, the newer version that pbs did a few years ago, and an older '70's version (i think) with the girl from mary poppins, grown up - karen dotrice. i liked them all!

message 7: by Col (new)

Col (col2910) Teresa wrote: "I loved The 39 Steps. I read that while living in Central Asia about 16 years ago. My husband and son also really enjoyed it. Now, you need to watch the movie adaptations. :)"

I'll keep an eye out for one or any of the versions which must appear every so often on the small box.

message 8: by Col (new)

Col (col2910) Julie wrote: "ive seen the alfred hitchcock version with robert donat, the newer version that pbs did a few years ago, and an older '70's version (i think) with the girl from mary poppins, grown up - karen dotri..."

I think the Hitchcock one is the most famous, but I'd watch any of them TBH.

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie | 76 comments Excited - i just received my 'blue above the chimneys' - looking forward to beginning it!

message 10: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresa_rust) The 2008 BBC version was very nicely done with Rupert Penry-Jones. :)