The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) The House of Hades discussion

2013 Goodreads Choice Awards

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Catherine House of Hades is nominated for the 2013 Goodreads Choice Awards.

However, it was put under the "Best Middle Grade & Children's" section. I've got to say, I find that a little insulting. This book is definitely what I would consider Young Adult. Young people, yes, but certainly not a children's book.

What does everyone else think?

Babafaba(Hypnos)((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))(((Scuttle)))((((Scar)))) I agree but maybe they had some other books that would fit better into the young adult ,so they had to put HoH to middle grade and children's

Abby Snow Yes

Cherie yeah i agree... it's definitely more young adult

Mackenzie I think it's both.

Sara I know! When I was voting I was trying to look for the house of Hades in the young adult fiction section but couldn't find it. When I got to the kids and middle school section it there along with the runaway king, which also should not be included there. The people that put these books into categories should really get their priorities sorted out.

Cherie harry potter was always considered children's fiction

Catherine Cherie wrote: "harry potter was always considered children's fiction"

Is it really? I always thought it was Young Adult, because some of the material, especially in later books, was quite graphic.

Cherie Yeah. It probably has more to do with reading level than what the actual content in it, same for Harry potter.

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ I believe that though it was seemingly originally aimed at preteens, like Harry Potter, it has become an amazing series for all ages.

Cherie Yeah. I still have to go to the children's section at Barnes and noble to find any of the Harry potter books.

Catherine Sandra wrote: " it's middle-school reading level, and personally i think YA has the worse reputation ever - if you say YA to me all i think about is flat characters, "hot" stereotypical male leads and lots of romance. boring."

I don't know if I'd agreed that's the general reputation, but I LOVE Young Adult. It's usually the age bracket where the stories have the most exploration into different ideas. It's less concerned with being cerebral the way "adult" books are supposed to be, and it's more about exploring life. Young Adult often tackles the best questions: self-identity, morals, culture, science, whatever. I love them.

Pen-pen Catherine wrote: "House of Hades is nominated for the 2013 Goodreads Choice Awards.

However, it was put under the "Best Middle Grade & Children's" section. I've got to say, I find that a little insulting. This bo..."

totally and definitely I agree with that, considering the description and scenes included here in the book, it's for YA genre

Catherine 2013 Best Middle Grade & Children's

We have a winner! Yay! Congrats to House of Hades and Riordan!