SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Topics > My Secret Santa

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
Here you can tell what gifts you received and who you think you got them from. Please don't tell if you were the one. When everyone has received their gifts I will post a list to tell who your secret santa was.

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Dec 07, 2013 10:55AM) (new)

I already got my Christmas pressies!!!!

The first one I got on monday and the other two arrived yesterday.

I got The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells , The Invisible Man  by H.G. Wells and The Time Machine by H.G. Wells .

I got other editions than the ones shown, but they weren't in the list. I got the Dover Thrift editions which has very nice covers.

Thank you Secret Santa!

I am not going to gues who my secret santa is since I am the only one who knows who it is. I would like to ask my secret santa not to reveal their identity untill everyone has got their presents and had a chance to guess.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Oooooh yay Barbara!

message 4: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Oh wow, nice!

message 5: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) Looky looky it's Christmas.
I know I am not supposed to open up presents until Wednesday but I am impatient and couldn't wait.

2013-12-20-104 2013-12-20-105 2013-12-20-106

message 6: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) By the way I feel VERY spoilt.
Thank you santa ;) you know who you are!

message 7: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Wow, awesome!

message 8: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Thank you so much Secret Santa! I have no idea who you are lol, you hid it quite well! I don't have any of these covers:

photo 76dc7285-2896-48c8-9220-26e7ab1d9dd6_zpsb755eb66.jpg

So awesome, thank you!

message 9: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments More Harry Potter - wow, your collection is growing. A great gift :)

message 10: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) Wow - those are really stunning covers. Have never seen them before. Especially like the Deathly Hallows cover.

message 11: by Varla Fiona (new)

Varla Fiona (dory_42) | 1332 comments Mod
Amazing gifts people. Mine arrived too.

The Hobbit - Yay. My copy seems to have gone awol so I needed a new one. The bookmark inside it was a R20 off for exclusives online, so I need to do some more shopping.
A new red journal. - Yay, I love journals and red is one of my favourite colours.
A couple of chocolates. - I love chocolate, but how it survived the post I don't know.
But the bestest was:
www.thegroovygiraffe.com/gladiators-a...
It is a pop up colosseum with a story book, map of the colosseum, cards of each gladiator and a board game on the cover. It is incredible!

Thank you loads, secret Santa.

I know it is someone from JHB, but not sure which one.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

All great gifts guys. Looks awesome!

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod
Wow everyone has been so spoilt!!
I've just gotten back from my holiday so I haven't checked the post yet, but I'm starting to get excited :D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't received anything either... :(

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jevine) | 770 comments Thank you VERY much Secret Santa!! I loved the books I got

Cassidy (Big Sky Dreams, #1) by Lori Wick Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2) by Lori Wick Jessie (Big Sky Dreams, #3) by Lori Wick

The cookies were absolutely divine and the bag is also very useful. Thank you once again

I have an idea of who my Secret Santa is, all the way from Margate :)

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) wrote: "Wow everyone has been so spoilt!!
I've just gotten back from my holiday so I haven't checked the post yet, but I'm starting to get excited :D"

Have you received anything yet? I will contact your secret santa.

Niecole wrote: "Haven't received anything either... :("

I have had contact with your secret santa and they have sent you something and are now in the process of locating where it is. So sit tight it will come your way.

message 17: by Lauren (Sugar & Snark) (last edited Mar 11, 2014 01:34PM) (new)

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod
Hi everyone it has been brought to my attention that my thank you to my Secret Santa has somehow gotten lost.

As I have already mentioned to Barbra and Niecole (my secret santa) I am absolutely squirming with embarrassment!! I promise this was computer error and not ungratefulness. It also hasn't helped that I have been so inactive lately, maybe I would have spotted my error be now. . .

But more importantly, THANK YOU NIECOLE!!

I read The Fault in Our Stars over the weekend and it was by far one of the best books I have read in ages. It was incredibly moving and affected me on a very personal level.

So thank you not only for the book but for the whole experience!!

And again SO sorry!!!!!

message 18: by Barbara (new)

That's ok Lauren. Niecole didn't mention she got her present either.

Just for everyone who hasn't figured out who was secret santa to whom here is the big reveal:

Barbara was secret santa to Niecole
Niecole was secret santa to Lauren F
Lauren F was secret santa to Varla Fiona
Varla Fiona was secret santa to Lu
Lu was secret santa to Angelique
Angelique was secret santa to Jennifer
Jennifer was secret santa to Barbara

Thanks to all the santa's for the great gifts!
and see you all again (hopefully) next Christmas.

message 19: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Great stuff everyone!
Thanks Varla :)