UK Book Club discussion

Readers Blogs > How many lies have you told today?!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 68 comments Planning ‘white’ lies today? What's lying all about? Why do we lie? Find out here: http://awaines.blogspot.com/2013/11/w...

The Blog of A J Waines: author of Girl on a Train and The Evil Beneath:
Girl on a Train by A.J. Waines The Evil Beneath by A.J. Waines

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brigham | 34 comments If you don't tell lies you don't need a good memory. In any case does an intelligent person need to lie?

message 3: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Waines (ajwaines) | 68 comments Hi Patrick - what about 'courtesy' lies to make someone feel better? If a friend's haircut makes them look dreadful do you tell them, if they ask? ;)

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brigham | 34 comments They never do, but I like yours!

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 760 comments I always tell the truth and that's a lie. I always lie and that's the truth!

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2703 comments Isn't that the line from a SciFi story or movie.. ?? Used to save the world I think.. "I'm a compulsive liar so don't believe anything I say".. I think it made a computer run in an endless loop trying to figure it out?

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 760 comments Bill wrote: "Isn't that the line from a SciFi story or movie.. ?? Used to save the world I think.. "I'm a compulsive liar so don't believe anything I say".. I think it made a computer run in an endless loop try..."

I know it's from somewhere, not just a Philosophy debate, but I think it finishes with the question am I lying?