Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Book News > Are you a STEPHEN KING fan?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brantford (new)

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Whether you read his books or not, you have to admit that the King is an icon in the world of literature. His recent book titled Doctor Sleep brings his total published titles to 64. Follow this link for a fun look at all his work, ranked in order of popularity.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/rankin...#

Where did your favourite titles fall on the list?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I had never read a Stephen King novel until a few years ago when I read 11/22/63. I was charmed enough to try another title so I picked up The Gunslinger which turned out to be one of my favourite books. (#14 on the list - pretty good!)I don't normally read horror which cancels out a lot of his work but I do think the man has a gift for telling a story.

message 3: by Liana (new)

Liana Grace (lianagrace) | 26 comments Thank you for posting this, I love lists! I don't consider myself a Stephen King fan, however I did read a lot of his work when I was *quite young. I was always attracted to horror writing and had copies of The Shining, Carrie, Pet Cemetary, Dead Zone, Salem's Lot, Misery, and Skeleton Crew on my bookshelf in like grade 6! I have read #4's The Shining several times and consider it, and IT *haha his best. I would love to try The Stand because anything ranked #1 has got to be pretty good.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments Liana wrote: "Thank you for posting this, I love lists! I don't consider myself a Stephen King fan, however I did read a lot of his work when I was *quite young. I was always attracted to horror writing and had ..."

Liana, you're funny....I think I was still reading Nancy Drew in Gr. 6. I also intend to read The Stand at some point. I'm just wondering if I should read the newer uncut version or the older edited version. Both of them are huge.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kdrury) | 112 comments I keep hearing from those who love to read Stephen King. I'm not into horror so I shy away from his work. I have seen a couple of movies based on his books but I don't think I'm brave enough to see or read 'The Shining'.