Dystopia Land discussion

R4R > The Last Overseer by Anton Troia (R4R)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anton (last edited Nov 27, 2013 08:17PM) (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments I'm trying to get the review ball rolling for my first novel, The Last Overseer--a post-apocalyptic, dystopian science fiction horror story. If interested in reading it, I'll go ahead send you copy in either PDF, or MOBI formats, in exchange for an honest review on here, or on Amazon, or on Barnes and Noble.com

Note, that there is a lot of pseudo-scientific material in the story and you must also enjoy sci-fi if you are to find this book entertaining. Besides paranormal/occult horror, there is a lot of pseudo-scientific techno-babble in it, mostly having to do with genetic engineering, genetic mutation, and psychic phenomena.

Just sign your name below, and I'll get back to you all. Keep in mind that I would appreciate a review within at least a 2 month time frame.

Thanks for the time!

Here's my official pages-

www.antontroia.com/

www.facebook.com/AntonTroia

Best,

Anton Troia :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (aladysmanifesto) | 8 comments Bring on the sci-fi and techno-babble. Makes me want to read this more!

Sarah
Aladysmanifesto@gmail.com
Mobi or ePub

message 3: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Thanks for inquiring Sarah, you seem like someone who could handle it :) I'll send email you a copy when I get home tonight. Thanks for offering to do this for me and I hope you are entertained in the process. :)

message 4: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments I sent it to your email. Let me know if you didn't get it. And if you have any questions regarding the novel, feel free to inbox me anytime.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (aladysmanifesto) | 8 comments I did get it and thank you!!

message 6: by Amie's Book (new)

Amie's Book Reviews (amiesbookreviews) | 16 comments Techno Babble huh? Now I am intrigued.

If you are still looking for reviewers, I am interested. Please send the mobi copy to justinandjakesmom@yahoo.ca

Thanks. I will post a review as soon as I finish it.

Amie Gaudet

message 7: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Glad you don't mind it Amie! I have sent you a Mobi format. Let me know if you received it or not. Thanks again, for offering to do this R4R for me. I hope you are entertained in the process :)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (aladysmanifesto) | 8 comments Amie wrote: "Techno Babble huh? Now I am intrigued.

If you are still looking for reviewers, I am interested. Please send the mobi copy to justinandjakesmom@yahoo.ca

Thanks. I will post a review as soon as I f..."

You and I feel the same. Maybe Anton is challenging the techies!

message 9: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Haha, not so much a challenge, Sarah. But I figure I warn people before they jump aboard. It's hard science fiction, a rare genre hard sci-fi is.

message 10: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Updating thread to let everyone know that I'm running another R4R. Mobi, PDF, ePubs available to those willing to participate and those who do will receive a signed paperback copy after you're done!

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicaweisheit) I'd love to have a go at this story if you're still looking for people to review! Bring on the genetic engineering!! Let me know!

message 12: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Jessica *Eyrinnia* wrote: "I'd love to have a go at this story if you're still looking for people to review! Bring on the genetic engineering!! Let me know!"

Hi Jessica thanks for taking interest. What format do you prefer? I can email you a kindle copy if you want, or a PDF.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicaweisheit) I can read either so whichever you'd like to send :) My e-mail is jdweisheit@bsugmail.net

I look forward to hearing from you!

message 14: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Thanks again Jessica. Your copy has been sent. Hope you enjoy it.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicaweisheit) I received it and downloaded it :) I'll let you know as soon as I finish and my reviews are posted! Thanks - Jessica

message 16: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 15 comments Hi,

Your book seems really interesting. I do have a question though: according to previous reviews, there were quite a lot of spelling and punctuation errors. Have they been corrected?

If not, knowing myself, it'll only irk me and it will certainly lower my rating and therefore I'm not sure you're willing to risk this.
If yes, then I'm really curious about this story and would love to read and review your book (well, I'm still willing even if the errors haven't been corrected, but at least you've be warned of the risk).

I have a preference for the ePub format.

message 17: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Hello Melaslithos. Thank you for inquiring. Yes, The Last Overseer has been edited and revised since all of those reviews were posted. I'd be honored to send you a copy for a review, and judging by your impressive reading list, it seems like a book you might enjoy. I don't have any ePubs with me at the moment, and since I won't be home for a few days, all I have available are Mobi and PDF formats.

message 18: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 15 comments Hi,
Good to know that it has been edited!
PDF is fine. But I don't mind waiting a few days for an ePub if it's possible to get one.

message 19: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Come to think of it, I may not have any ePubs for a while. My old computer died out on me and I'm in the process of installing programs on my new one. I apologize for the inconvenience.

message 20: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 15 comments No worries. I'm fine with PDF in this case.

message 21: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Very well. Just give me an email address and its yours!

message 22: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 15 comments Hi, just a quick word to say that I finished your book and it was quite interesting.

You can find my review here:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 23: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Hey, that was pretty fast! Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it.

message 24: by Ana (new)

Ana (anaslair) Thank you for allowing me to read your book.

Here is my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 25: by Anton (new)

Anton (antontroia) | 24 comments Thanks Ana, glad you liked the end. :)