What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > little slave girl was brought over to the states and she was afraid. Then she spotted a rosebush and hugged it

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments All I remember is I read this book in the 70's and a little slave girl was brought over to the states and she was afraid. Then she spotted a rosebush and hugged it (it made her bleed) because she saw something familiar in this new land.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments Was this book geared towards children, teens, or adults?
Was it fiction or nonfiction?

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments It was geared towards children I believe. I was in elementary school (this was in the 70's) I don't recall if it was fiction or non-fiction!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments Hmmm, Tituba of Salem Village fits the timeframe.

Do you remember anything else about the girl? Her family, owners? Did she try to escape?

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments I just remember she was a little black girl who was brought over to this "new world" during slavery and she recognized a rose bush that reminded her of her homeland and she hugged it.

Thanks for trying to figure this one out! It was a paperback book our school had.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Becky, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments Yes, still looking Lobstergirl!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

How about now?

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments Yes! Still looking!

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments Any ideas? I read this book in the 1970's - a youth book

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky | 7 comments Not looking too hard, but I still have no ideal the name of the book 😂