Yoga Folks discussion

Hellos and Site Questions > Hi there from Wales

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike (closertogoth) Hi there! My name is Mike and I'm experiencing yoga for the first time. I'm an absolute beginner and an eager to explore and disk up any information I can. I've always been a spiritual person and am in fact a practicing pagan.

I'm always eager to explore what my body and kind is capable of, and am very interested in meditation.

I am also an avid music and literature fan, alongside art these three things keep me sane!

message 2: by Nikiverse (new)

Nikiverse Hi Mike! Welcome to the group :D

I'm not great at meditating. The only meditation technique I've played around with is transcendental meditation. But to say I have a consistent meditation practice would be, well, a lie!

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita Perry (yogaanita) I think many people that meditation has to be sitting on a pillow, with incense burning, chanting "ohm". It does not. Taking just a moment out of your day (as I mention in my new book, YOGAMINUTE) to just appreciate nature or to breathe can be a form of meditation.

message 4: by Becca (last edited Nov 21, 2013 11:05AM) (new)

Becca Chopra (beccachopra) | 26 comments Totally! In fact, in Hawaii, there's a form of active meditation where you focus on a thing of beauty in nature for one minute - and they say that connects you with spirit and is the perfect time to ask for guidance from your higher self or to give thanks for all the good in your life. I look forward to checking out YOGAMINUTE.
Namaste!
Becca Chopra, author of The Chakra Diaries, Chakra Secrets, and Balance Your Chakras, Balance Your Life
www.thechakras.org

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Perry (yogaanita) Thanks, Becca. I have enjoyed all of your books!
Anita
www.YogaAnita.com