Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saf (new)

Saf  (saph95) Hello! So I just started up a new blog, and I'd love to hear some feedback from you, about what makes a good reviewers blog and how to improve my reviews etc!

I'd love if you could take a few minutes to check it out and let me know how to make it better!

Thank you!

--

here's the blog!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Annie,

I think you have a nice blog here. Your reviews all came across as very honest, and most of them gave me a good idea what the books were about (very important in a review).

I know some bloggers host author interviews and giveaways, and some regularly post their thoughts on books, blogging, publishing, etc., so that's something to think about.

The only things I could say were really missing were an "about me" section, and a subscribe link. Maybe I'm too accustomed to WordPress, and didn't look in the right places, but...there you have it.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi Annie, your site has a crisp, easy to follow look. I like the concise reviews. One thought., if you want authors to submit requests for reviews in the contact area, you might want to provide some guidelines like preferred genres, ebook or paper, etc. good luck

message 4: by Saf (new)

Saf  (saph95) Hello! Thanks for giving me a few tips! I've updated my blog a little to include an about me, and a page of guidelines! Your comments have helped me to make my blog better and I'll be looking out for more ideas aswell!