Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

The Obituary Writer
This topic is about The Obituary Writer
Archive > Audible Deal of the Day

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 19 comments Today's (11/18) Deal of the Day on Audible.com is The Obituary Writer by Ann Hood for only $2.95.

I've never heard of this book or the author, but the plot sounds interesting (a historical/literary mystery) and the price is great!

Just saying.

message 2: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (bookhound18) Thanks! I love audible! :)

message 3: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 19 comments Me too!! I've been with Audible for years and years and years.

message 4: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 19 comments Jennifer wrote: "Yes, I noticed this book too and the storyline hooked me. I don't have time to read it just yet but I did buy it. I will let you know what I think of it and I hope you will too. Thanks :)"

Yeah, I don't have time either. But these "Deals of the Day" show up with deals I really can't turn down!

message 5: by Victor (new)

Victor Muthoka (hundredpercent) I've been thinking of listening to books coz of time, as I've been opposed to it for the longest time ever.
Tempting.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Klein Victor I was opposed to audio books as well until recently I started grad school and had completely stopped reading for fun. I discovered audible and have loved it ever since. It's a great deal and much better prices and convenience than the stores. listening to books takes some getting used to and is a different kind of talent but I've "read" 6 books since I got it just over a month ago and have loved every second of it!

Diane Cox This is a terrific book.

message 8: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 19 comments Diane wrote: "This is a terrific book."

Great to know!

message 9: by Kirsten (new) - added it

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 19 comments Emily wrote: "Victor I was opposed to audio books as well until recently I started grad school and had completely stopped reading for fun. I discovered audible and have loved it ever since. It's a great deal and..."

I love the convenience! Some books are even better in audible. Now, that I have my Kindle it's even better.

What I do is listen to books while sitting outside with my dogs, while walking my dogs, waiting in line, and - my favorite use - when I have such a bad headache I can't hardly open my eyes.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Obituary Writer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Hood (other topics)