Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading November 18?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2052 comments Mod
Starting this week with Plaid to the Bone by Mia Marlowe.

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1885 comments Mod
I'm reading Ruthie Knox's Camelot series. Finished Along Came Trouble last night and working on Flirting with Disaster tonight. Good stuff!

message 3: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 8 comments Finishing A Feast for Crows and hoping to start this week A Dance with the Dragons

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Manda wrote: "I'm reading Ruthie Knox's Camelot series. Finished Along Came Trouble last night and working on Flirting with Disaster tonight. Good stuff!"

I really liked that series, Manda. Funny thing... my favorites were the two novellas - the one that started the series and the one that finished the series. I just fell in love with Amber and Tony.

Just finished THE PERFECT MATCH by Kristan Higgins. Another winner. Now I'm going to try Sarah Maclean's A ROGUE BY ANY OTHER NAME.

Last week I read TAKE ME HOME FOR CHRISMAS by Brenda Novak, BAREFOOT BY THE SEA by Roxanne St. Claire and LOVE OVERDUE by Pamela Morsi. TMHFC was my favorite. BBTS by Roxanne St. Claire was a disappointment and I'm afraid I'm one of those people who was really upset with the non-ending in the Pamela Morsi book. I will have to say that because I knew what to expect thanks to some spoilers out there it was a little easier to take.

message 5: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2063 comments Mod
Reading Ruthie Knox weekly serial--I'm ready to scream at the heroine but I have great faith in Knox and am confident she will make this work.
And about to start Sharon Shinns new book...

I read some of Jill Shalvis recent releases and liked them better--I was about to take her off my autobuy list. But I still have a list of 5 words she should do find and delete on wherever they appear...
And yet some of her books I reread a lot

message 6: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments DLS is that her book TRULY that's been free on Wattpad or ROMAN HOLIDAY? I just found TRULY and I'm loving it. I haven't started ROMAN HOLIDAY yet.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Sorry you were upset by the end of LOVE OVERDUE, Irish. I can understand that response. To be honest I was surprised at how okay I was with it. I wasn't expecting it either. Maybe I was just in an unusually good mood that day;)

I've still got the second Camelot novella to read but I think I'm going to take a break and read something else before I do so I don't get glommitis.

message 8: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2063 comments Mod
I'm reading Roman Holiday. I need to read the other one next

message 9: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Manda wrote: "Sorry you were upset by the end of LOVE OVERDUE, Irish. I can understand that response. To be honest I was surprised at how okay I was with it. I wasn't expecting it either. Maybe I was just in an ..."

Yeah, I don't have too many pet peeves but that's a big one for me. It really infuriates me. I feel like I invest all this time in the story and characters. As I'm reading I keep saying to myself "Wow, wait til he/she finds out I bet they (fill in the blank)". And I say it to myself over and over with all the different people in the story, imagining everyone's reaction to "The Big Reveal". And then... the book just stops. Extremely frustrating. It's happened several times and I haven't read those particular authors again. I really like Pamela Morsi, though, and since I knew what was coming I prepared myself. LOL

It's sort of funny cause for years I would never even dream of reading the end of a book first or reading a spoiler (strict rule follower here). With books I'm a little unsure of, reading the ending first or spoilers helps me accept things I'm not too crazy about. Wallbangers become okay reads and I'm more willing to hang in there with authors I would otherwise give up on.

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I'm reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and love the POV character. She's smart, she's introverted, she doubts herself all the time, but she's determined. I've read about 2/3 and think a lot of plot points are about to blow up (in a good way). Also reading Tara Conklin's The House Girl, historical fiction. The next romance I read will probably be Sherry Thomas's new one.

message 11: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments Irisheyes wrote: "I say it to myself over and over with all the different people in the story, imagining everyone's reaction to "The Big Reveal". And then... the book just stops..."

I have to laugh because normally that kind of ending would have had me crawling out of my skin. I NEED that reveal when all a book's confilcts are dependent on the secret. However in Love Overdue it really didn't bother me. Maybe I chalked it up to the feeling that the past didn't matter to the H/h at that point since they had come together through everything else. I hope someday Pamela Morsi will take pity on us write that scene as a bonus scene for her website...

This week I was in a novella state of mind and read Scandalized by a Scoundrel & Have You Any Rogues?. Next up is probably Liz Carlyle's newest In Love With a Wicked Man

message 12: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I want to know why Morsi chose to end Love Overdue as she did. I wanted that missing chapter, but I loved the book anyway. I'm a big Morsi fan.

I loved Sherry Thomas's The Luckiest Lady in London too, but that didn't happen til my second reading. And Sarah MacLean's No Good Duke Goes Unpunished is wonderful!

I'm currently reading Connie Brockway's No Place for a Dame. It was worth waiting all those years for Giles's story.

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2063 comments Mod
I loved the Luckiest Lady In London. I was surprised to read that it was actually an older book rewritten

message 14: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Just finished TRULY by Ruthie Knox. OMG! I just love this author. She keeps getting better and better. What an awesome book.

If you want to read it you need to go on Wattpad, sign up (it's free) and you can read the book for free. I'm not sure how long it will be up there. Sounds like she released it in weekly installments that started in September and ended at the beginning of November. It is scheduled to be released August 2014 to start off her NYC trilogy - TRULY (August), MADLY (October), COMPLETELY (December). I fully intend to pay full price for it in August but it is a steal for free now! If you are a Ruthie Knox fan you can't pass it up and if you haven't read her yet this is a great way to get a taste of her awesomeness!

message 15: by Manda (new)

Thanks for the heads up, Irish!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Just discovered Gaelen Foley and have now read all but one of the Inferno Club series. Really fantastic stories, great heroes and fiesty,strong heroines. So glad I found these books.

message 17: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments If you can find her earlier books, they are also good reads.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Charlene, will def try them.