twilight lovers! discussion

Characters and Cast > Bella's New Moon Dependance

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evangeline (new)

Evangeline Wang (EvangelineWang) re-read New Moon, and one of those which hardly can bear is when Edward gone, Bella is too depressed to be normal or sane, basically would never recover if Jacob not there....everytime read this part, always cannot help frowning at it, Edward is really the true love however the world is not collapsed, why not be more degage....

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) that makes their love more pure and beautiful

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Evangeline, you just noticed this?

message 4: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments True Evangeline. I hated Bella in that book because she is too whiny. Way way way too whiny. I know that she lost her true love but that's not a reason to be depressed to such a point...

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I think it's because she doesn't have friends, like close friends, people who will come and pick he up off her butt and say "We love you we will now watch a ton of break -up movies, eat lots of ice cream and then we'll go out tomorrow"

message 6: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments But I wouldn't go and be depressed about it forever and ever! And plus, hs has Jacob! If he's not a good friend, what is?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what depression feel's like, and I have to say that even under those circumstances I would try to pull myself out of the clouds. Bella literally either wallowed in the pain and let herself crumble, or she would ignore it and fight to preserve a crystallized, zombie like manner, and she clung to Jacob like a life preserver.

Friends or no, (Which alot of people have to battle depression without) she was destructively, subconciencely pulling herself in deeper.

message 8: by Evangeline (new)

Evangeline Wang (EvangelineWang) Melzz, actually I noticed it the first time I read New Moon, and kept patient through reading all the time(even feel very uncomfortable with "crumble" things everywhere).
And I admit this is the biggest pb about Bella which I don't like. She relys on Edward too much!
The key point is not the deep true love, but she is not an independent entity but can only be feeding on Edward to survive.
This is really unhealthy.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Evangeline wrote: "This is really unhealthy."

I agree. :)

message 10: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Yeah I mean there are other people that can surive without guys near them! I mean, she has Jacob in New Moon. Alright, he was a jerk but she still has him! And didn't he feed off her depression?

message 11: by Evangeline (new)

Evangeline Wang (EvangelineWang) Even without Jacob, without any man's love, she should rely on her own!
If she doesn't love herself anymore, who else does she deserve?
When Edward's around, feed on Edward, when Edward's gone, feed on Jacob, when Jacob no more picked up her call, she crumbled again....she never tried to live on herself, save herself out of desperateness.

message 12: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Exactly Evangeline! You have an extremely good point!

message 13: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I don't know if it is all that unusual for her to be so depressed...I can remember being 17 and having a boyfriend break up with me and feeling like my life just could not go on...as an adult I am able to look back and think "wow did I really think that I loved him that much!" But at the time I was devastated!!