SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Off Topic Ramblings > Tornadoes in midwest

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments I know there are a few other SOS members from IL and I hope everyone came through the storms okay.

In my area, there are lots of trees down, a few on houses, trailers flipped, poles downed and we lost power yesterday for around 8 hours (my poor coworker is looking at 6 tonight before hers comes back on). But my family and friends are safe. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Washington, Pekin, Peoria, Gifford and everyone else struck hard by the tornadoes.

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Thank you for starting this Daffodil. It is so sad -- and scary. My thoughts are with everyone as well. Where I am (suburb of Chicago) and where my family is (NW Illinois, near Galena and Galesburg) we both saw violent crazy weather and were in our basements but not threatened.

Just being in a storm like this for people in those central Illinois communities must have been so frightening. When that siren goes off and you know you have to get underground -- and you wonder where are my kids, my dog, my husband? It is terrifying. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28429 comments Keeping everyone in my thoughts as well! Hope everyone is safe!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Luckily, the tornadoes didn't make it where I live, but we did get so much rain that at one point yesterday, it looked like buckets of water were being thrown. I feel sorry for the people who were hit hard with the tornadoes though. It was very unusual weather at this time of year in November.

message 5: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23518 comments Hope everyone made it through OK. Weather has been crazy all over the place.

message 6: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Hope everyone is ok. We had crazy winds that night as well. I can't even begin to imagine how scary those storms must have been.